7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

PCV valve

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
PCV valve

Anybody had any luck with cleaning the PCV valve and, if so, what did you use? Just bite the bullet and get a new one?
Old 02-15-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PCV valve

its all metal, im still on the original ive cleaned about 5 times with carb/tb cleaner. makes it brand new again. just make sure the spring mechanism is working by pushing the flap with a paperclip. see my forgotten diy thread for details.
Old 02-15-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

noooo. you asking a question here, lazlong?!?
Old 02-16-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura about

gearbox,

would you help pointing me out which lines I should check if suspected a vacuum leak at my other thread?

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...ify-hoses.html

Thanks. I think I saw the little sticker under the hood talking about the emission. I am not sure if that sticker has any info on the vacuum line or not.

Thank you.
Old 02-16-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm. My ex has 146k.

I guess i should be looking into cleaning my attachments too...
Old 02-16-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Yeah, 192K and never been cleaned. lol
Old 02-16-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ouch lol. should be cleaned yearly to prevent engine damage...
Old 02-16-2011
Premium Member

check everything that looks like a vacuum line. evap system hoses, map, pcv, etc.

Originally Posted by kbook
gearbox,

would you help pointing me out which lines I should check if suspected a vacuum leak at my other thread?

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...ify-hoses.html

Thanks. I think I saw the little sticker under the hood talking about the emission. I am not sure if that sticker has any info on the vacuum line or not.

Thank you.
Old 02-16-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

...sounds like a another spring break project.

and so i'll that to the growing list of: Tighten timing belt, change oil, change oil pan gasket(small leak), adjust trunk lid(not flush), purchase used rear bumper, wet sand, fill scratches on used rear bumper, paint/finish rear bumper...hahah!

Dont forget about routine maintenence either...Rotate tires, air filter, radiator fliud, tranny fluid..

I should get paid tah..I wait I do..did...
Old 02-18-2011
Registered!!

thewal will become famous soon enough

Where th eheck is it located. hehe.