7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

JDM Fogs

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mourtzy is an unknown quantity at this point
JDM Fogs

Hey guys.
Recently bought a pair of clear fog lights for my EM2. And I'm really curious as to how to get that nice, JDM yellow for my fogs... I picked up a set of 3000k HID's and they look good, but they're not a nice yellow, they're more whitish yellow..
I've looked around and I know I can put yellow laminex on the lenses to get a nicer yellow, but the whole thing, is that I like the look of the clear fog lamps when the car is not running/when the fogs aren't on.
Is there any way I can get that nice, JDM yellow without having yellow fog lenses?? Thanks
Old 01-19-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: JDM Fogs

fyi, yellow is european. japan uses clear fogs like the usa. nokya or luminics yellow coated halogen bulbs are your best bet. for 01-03 the size is H11, for 04-05 its H8. i actually recommend against the yellow films, they are not dark enough and can cause problems of their own, even cause the glass lens to shatter by trapping heat. you can get a pair of nokya yellow bulbs for around $15 on ebay new.
Old 01-19-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
fyi, yellow is european. japan uses clear fogs like the usa. nokya or luminics yellow coated halogen bulbs are your best bet. for 01-03 the size is H11, for 04-05 its H8. i actually recommend against the yellow films, they are not dark enough and can cause problems of their own, even cause the glass lens to shatter by trapping heat. you can get a pair of nokya yellow bulbs for around $15 on ebay new.
Serious?? Oh wow.. Never knew that.. Does Japan use yellow bulbs at all? Or do they use the normal halogen bulbs like the usa as well?
And yea, I don't like the look of a yellow lens at all. My fogs are plastic, but yea I like the look of a clear lens too much to put a yellow film on it.

I'll have to try those out! Only problem is that I forked out $80 on a pair of HID's lol

Thanks tho - just a question about yellow halogen bulbs, what's the brightest make? I just want a yellow bulb, that's bright haha that's all. I know the Nokya's are good bulbs, but is there brighter in a halogen? And if I pay more for a higher end bulb, will it make that much of a difference?
Old 01-20-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

japan and those other countries use all sorts of crazy bulbs. but they are good quality from raybrig, polarg, etc all japan made stuff. depends on the preference i guess cause every car is different over there. but in stock form it just uses a clear bulb. ive had the best results with nokya. very bright and super yellow. more expensive bulb wont really be any better. the nokyas are already very good.
Old 01-20-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

I have Nokyas as well and they are pretty decent not incredibly bright however they do put out nice color in clear housings
Old 01-20-2011
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

The nokyas are pretty legit. They are bright too, its just the ebay fog light housing sucks are producing visible light that can be seen by the driver.
Old 01-20-2011
Premium Member

you can use the h8 bulbs in the h11 housings too if you want a deeper yellow. h8 is 35w (900 lumen) and h11 is 55w (1250 lumen). i doubt you would notice the difference in brightness, but the H8 will give a darker yellow. this is what the lexus uses for its fogs.
Old 01-25-2011
Registered!!

Ok, thanks a lot guys. Looks like I'll be picking up a set of Nokya's pretty soon!