7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

hydraulics on an 02 civic si

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slapoutz is an unknown quantity at this point
hydraulics on an 02 civic si

ok so i know you can put hydraulics or airbags on to lower the car, but im wondering can i put them on and have the car stock-raised higher. if so how far do you think i could raise the car. how much of an angle would the axles be able to handle? and what would be any complications.

P.S. i wouldnt be riding around with it jacked up id be going 5mph max, i want it like this so when im offroad or going over things. and dont tell me to get a truck would you rather drive a civic or a truck?
Old 01-17-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: hydraulics on an 02 civic si

Off-road I'd rather drive a truck, 4wd is greater than fwd and it would be more affordable to buy a truck. You asked.

I know of a couple airbag kits for em2s in the $2000-3000 price range, but I don't think anyone has actually installed one with the intention of lifting the car up so your entering uncharted waters here. Usually with coilovers you can go about an inch above stock height.
Old 01-17-2011
Registered!!

agh i dont want a truck and it wouldnt be cheaper really plus i want my civic and u dont need 4wd as much as some people think, i just get grounded out alot, and i go over a ton of curbs and stuff and get grounded out, sure i have a come along in my trunk so i dont stay stuck forever, but id rather just jack the car up and be able to drive right over the stuff
Old 01-17-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

The thing is no one makes kits to raise civics, because so few people are interested in doing it there would be no money to be made.

So, you can have a custom kit air bag set-up made but that would cost a fortune.
Go with the 1 inch lift you get from coilovers.
Or spend a $1000 on a truck for when your off road, thats what I did and I'm glad I did because I don't have to worry about beating up my civic.

I know some low rider company makes a generic kit that gives you two inches of lift so low riders can run over sized rims, it's around $1000 I think and sketchy as hell.

Last edited by MindBomber; 01-17-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old 01-17-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Fun fact, Honda has been criticized harshly by business analysts for not introducing a compact model with higher ground clearance and a diesel motor as they push to enter developing countries. People in developing countries quickly discount buying civics, because they can't negotiate tough roads.
Old 01-17-2011
Registered!!

i really dont want a truck because i dont just offroad to do it (i have forewheelers for that) i do it to get places and i never know when i will be doing it. so that wouldnt help me out a bit unless i just drove it all the time.
and i want it to be push of the button ie. hydraulics, i could use spring spacers if i just wanted 1 inch of lift, and i dont want it permanantly 2 inches higher lol.

P.S. dont think they are called spring spacers but its basically a piece of metal that you jack the car up and put them between the springs to raise the car, i personaly wouldnt do it.
Old 01-18-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I hear ya.. I drive my civic to work and get it stuck on bumpy construction sites..

This is an inexpensive air ride kit, but if you want my opinion it looks like the ebay turbo kit equivalent for air ride.
http://www.x2industries.com/air-susp...665216bc9f6d24