7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Bumper Swap possible?

Old 01-17-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hk9mm223 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bumper Swap possible?

Hi, I just recently picked up an 03 Civic Sedan and have a couple questions. First I like the front and rear bumpers off the 05 models much more with the added detail. Are the bumpers interchangeable between the 03 and 05 models? Also my engine fan seems to turn on and off quite a bit. Turns on right when i turn on the car and turns off a few seconds later then periodically if the car is cold or warm. Is this normal? Its winter here and in the 40s so not warm at all. Thanks
Old 01-17-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,143 Likes on 798 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bumper Swap possible?

Front: not without changing the hood, fenders, and headlights, too
Rear: yes
Old 01-17-2011
Registered!!

canadiankid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Front: not without changing the hood, fenders, and headlights, too
Rear: yes
I actually never thought about changing the rear bumper, i wonder how that would look with just the rear one done.
Old 01-17-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by canadiankid
I actually never thought about changing the rear bumper, i wonder how that would look with just the rear one done.
If you changed the tail lights it would look identical to the rear of an 04/05, I had the 04/05 on my 02 and it looked much better... then I was rear ended in a parking lot..
Old 01-17-2011
Registered!!

yea i was thinking of getting some tails from the updated 7th gen in the spring/summer, i might just do the bumper too while i'm at it if it doesnt cost me too much. Seems the more i go on the forum the bigger my list of wants for the civ gets lol.
Old 01-17-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i wanted to do the rear 04-05 bumper swap too and the front 03 hybrid bumper these are all dreams tho for now lol.

as for your fan, yeah thats a problem. fan shouldnt be turning on at all in winter. even in summer should only come on occasionally like when you are at idle and not moving. i think you may have a bad fan switch/sensor.
Old 01-17-2011
Registered!!

I never knew what the hybrid front bumper looked like until a week or two ago because i have never saw one around where i live. But after seeing it online i thought it looked pretty nice too. and the list grows haha

Last edited by canadiankid; 01-17-2011 at 10:16 PM. Reason: messed up quote
Old 01-17-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Watch craigslist for someone parting an 04/05, thats how I've gotten both of my rear bumpers and they both only cost $50.
Old 01-17-2011
Registered!!

yea i usally keep an eye out on kijiji, i dont know if there is even craigslist for us on the east coast lol, here most people use kijiji. I know there are a few people within a 2hour drive of me that buy wrecked civics and part em out, which is a good source of parts
Old 01-18-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

If you go craigslist, Do the deal in a public area. I did it at a tanger outlet I sold an Kicker L7 to someone in Austin. We exchanged the L7 whatever I sold it for, the guy I sold it to tries to pickpocket my wallet while im loading the sub in the rear cab of his truck. Needless to say he didn't get it and I took out my unloaded .38special from the glovebox scared his *** home.
Old 01-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 7genmarathon
If you go craigslist, Do the deal in a public area. I did it at a tanger outlet I sold an Kicker L7 to someone in Austin. We exchanged the L7 whatever I sold it for, the guy I sold it to tries to pickpocket my wallet while im loading the sub in the rear cab of his truck. Needless to say he didn't get it and I took out my unloaded .38special from the glovebox scared his *** home.
I love living in Texas. Nobody messes with me and my .45
Old 01-18-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I'm so glad I live in Canada..
Old 01-18-2011
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

same
Old 01-19-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lazlong
I love living in Texas. Nobody messes with me and my .45
You got that right. My .38 specials for made for competition, but it will still put hole in your ***! That little incident happened @ the Tanger outlets in San Marcos.

Ive had mixed reviews for craigslist. I got my HU for 125 when it retailed for 429.99..or 329.99 back in 08. Nothing was wrong with it either it was a good steal.

Anybody ever buy a used/aftermkt bumper kit off ebay?