7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Hows my civic looking-(Interior kit)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cjski04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hows my civic looking-(Interior kit)

Just got my carbon fiber interior kit put in.Got before and after pics for those interested and i also have a link of where to buy it.. got other pics of just my car, tell me what you think..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Civic-ba 001.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	79928   Click image for larger version

Name:	Civic-ba 002.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	79929   Click image for larger version

Name:	Civic-ba 003.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	79930   Click image for larger version

Name:	Civic-ba 004.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	79931   Click image for larger version

Name:	Civic-ba 005.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	79932  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civic-ba 006.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	79933   Click image for larger version

Name:	Civic-ba 007.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	79934   Click image for larger version

Name:	Civic-ba 008.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	79935   Click image for larger version

Name:	Civic-ba 009.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	79936   Click image for larger version

Name:	Civic-ba 010.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	79937  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civic-ba 011.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	79938   Click image for larger version

Name:	Civic-ba 012.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	79939   Click image for larger version

Name:	Civic-ba 013.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	79940   Click image for larger version

Name:	Civic-ba 014.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	79941   Click image for larger version

Name:	Civic-ba 015.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	79942  

Old 01-02-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hows my civic looking-(Interior kit)

inside looks good
Old 01-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I've been planning on doing this with some carbon fiber vinyl for awhile now, nice to see pics, gives me a little more incentive to get off my *** and do it.
Old 01-02-2011
Registered!!

haha thanks guys, and ye on the site i bought this from there was digital carbon fiber and real, this is the real one its like $40 more or somethin but well worth it..I am far more pleased then what I expected it to be. Your suppose to put it on when its hot outside 70 degrees or more... when i did it it was like 65 so i heated the pieces with a blow dryer to get them flexible and me and my dad applied it on.. fairly easy..I had alot of left over for sedan.. very happy with it
Old 01-02-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

How much did they cost? And a link would also be appreciated My dad bought our used civic with the silver-ish vinyl already applied, but when i get my car 2-door ex in a couple months i want the same thing
Old 01-02-2011
Registered!!

Also looking to add these parts..gonna need some tips for them
1. Hid lights (Shop said itll be about $90)
2. Fog lights
3. Black out tail lights (shop said itll be $70)
4. Paint side view mirrors silver like car

any idea on how to do these myself at a cheaper cost? Any idea, any help is welcome.
Old 01-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
How much did they cost? And a link would also be appreciated My dad bought our used civic with the silver-ish vinyl already applied, but when i get my car 2-door ex in a couple months i want the same thing
I'm planning on using carbon fiber vinyl off ebay, should only be a few bucks and its all the same stuff.

Originally Posted by Cjski04
2. Fog lights

any idea on how to do these myself at a cheaper cost? Any idea, any help is welcome.
HID lights are a simple DIY, just order a cheap $25 dollar DDM kit. If you want quality light output though, consider doing a retrofit. Blacking out tail lights is also pretty simple, you could definitely do it yourself.
Old 01-02-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I'm planning on using carbon fiber vinyl off ebay, should only be a few bucks and its all the same stuff.

Ye basically, my parents bought me it for christmas, and its pricey on this site.. not sure where they got it but here the link i gave them on my x-mas list haha
http://www.wooddash.com/item/Honda_D...IC_2003_2005_2

HID lights are a simple DIY, just order a cheap $25 dollar DDM kit. If you want quality light output though, consider doing a retrofit. Blacking out tail lights is also pretty simple, you could definitely do it yourself.
Ill have to look more into the hids, i had no idea what you said, but i will soon i learn so much about cars on here...
And i heard there are vinly strips for tail lights on ebay but i heard its difficult to install...so idk if it would just be worth the $70 professional one. Ive seen how they did it and it looks great, no bubbles
Old 01-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Theres a couple methods of tinting tail lights, both with a spray and with vinyl than you apply; either way is pretty simple, but $70 would be temptingly cheap to have it professionally done.

Gearbox will probably chime in on the HIDs, since he's the undisputed master.
HIDs weren't designed to be installed in halogen reflector housings, so the end product doesn't look great or give very good light output since the light is unfocused. These are the type of HIDs that blind other drivers and make you a target for police, since they're noticeably illegal; blacked out tail lights will also lead to unwanted police attention btw. The type of HIDs that are less likely to attract police attention, don't blind other drivers, give better light output and look a hell of a lot better are in a HID projector. Either you cut up a headlight and install OEM projectors from another vehicle, a TSX for example, or you can buy morimoto HID projectors and those are basically plug and play.
Old 01-02-2011
Registered!!

Theres a couple methods of tinting tail lights, both with a spray and with vinyl than you apply; either way is pretty simple, but $70 would be temptingly cheap to have it professionally done.

blacked out tail lights will also lead to unwanted police attention btw.
now when i say blacked out i mean like tinted black, you can still see them though. also u think this would look good on a silver civic... anyways the cops in my area are the strictest cops ever haha but they love me. been pulled over 4 times for looking to young. once for speed and front license plate.. but they see its me and there like get out of here haha.. i think they feel bad for always pulling me over haha and i do a little bit of this and they like that haha
Old 01-03-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

now when i say blacked out i mean like tinted black, you can still see them though. also u think this would look good on a silver civic... anyways the cops in my area are the strictest cops ever haha but they love me. been pulled over 4 times for looking to young. once for speed and front license plate.. but they see its me and there like get out of here haha.. i think they feel bad for always pulling me over haha and i do a little bit of this and they like that haha
Haha thats lucky, but they can't give you a ticket for looking young so I guess they don't have much choice.

Tinted black tail lights are illegal, any modification to your headlights or tail lights is pretty much anywhere. The specific reason for tinted tail lights being illegal is the decreased light output not meeting specs and the reflector no longer being red/visible. If its an extremely light tint then you might be able to get away with it, ask the cops next time you get pulled over lol
Old 01-03-2011
Registered!!

now if i did it on my tail lights would i have to do it on my 3rd tail light on the spoiler as well for it to look good haha
Old 01-03-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

2. Fog lights

HID Lights u can get cheap and only take like 15 minutes. My cousin paid some guy $100 to do his hid's last night ... he's an idiot, i told him i could have done them for free :P

Fog lights you can also get cheap i'm pretty sure on ebay.

As for the tail lights you can find DIY video's on youtube, and a can of VHT Nightshades only costs like $10. If you're canadian you can buy a can at Canadian Tire.
Old 01-03-2011
Registered!!

hmm ok sounds fairly simple.. but like i asked before, dont u think the light on my spoiler would need to be tinted too or that would look weird right?
Old 01-03-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

hmm ok sounds fairly simple.. but like i asked before, dont u think the light on my spoiler would need to be tinted too or that would look weird right?
Maybe a bit, it would make sense for it to all be the same.

I prefer to stick to appearance mods that don't detract from performance, just my .02..
Old 01-04-2011
Registered!!

Thats actually a good point i never really thought of that. But i think when i get my car and tint the tails i'm most likely going to leave the spoiler one alone because if you ever get pulled over by a cop saying they're too dark you can always say that you have the spoiler one as a backup. Dunno how that would work out though :P
Old 01-04-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
Thats actually a good point i never really thought of that. But i think when i get my car and tint the tails i'm most likely going to leave the spoiler one alone because if you ever get pulled over by a cop saying they're too dark you can always say that you have the spoiler one as a backup. Dunno how that would work out though :P
haha it won't make a different in the violation, points for effort though.
Old 01-04-2011
Registered!!

haha it won't make a different in the violation, points for effort though.
I didn't think so, but you never know, you might run into a cop on a good day haha
Old 01-04-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

The trim looks nice, but your car looks craving for a drop

Not really, generic brands tend to crack and bubble over time
and some don't really stick as well as they should

the 3M brands are better though
Old 01-04-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Not really, generic brands tend to crack and bubble over time
and some don't really stick as well as they should

the 3M brands are better though
I meant, I'm planning on ordering a generic role of 3m vinyl. The cheap vinyl looks terrible lol
Old 01-05-2011
Registered!!

Spiked Joker is an unknown quantity at this point

Your Civic looks super clean. Are you going to do anything else to it to give it flare or anything super custom?
Old 01-06-2011
Registered!!

Thanks for telling me my car is clean..its one of those days and im really wondering if i should keep it.. im 16 in high school love this car, cant afford anything else...but if i save maybe a year or two i could get a 350z like i want.... i really like this car, and ye i wanna drop it but i learned u have to cut the springs or buy new ones..thought it was easier then that...i wanna do body kit.. mostly the ait racing r34 for $382...its on andysautosport.com I wanna put headers but idk which to get..dont wanna spend to much money..i wish i had someone to say here buy this or here buy this haha.. its automatic unfortuantely and if it were manual id be all in for it..i just dont know what to do..keep or sell? if keep what should i do. i really like the car, its my baby, which still needs a name haha.. thanks for all the help guys this site is awesome and everyones pretty cool. headers? what else? just want some pep to my step for my automatic. also i noticed the car has less throttle delay in d3, im sure its prolly not good to use it idk if that means it stays in 3rd gear or what but its faster weird.. anyone wanna explain that to me and if i should be using it?
Old 01-08-2011
Registered!!

Old 01-08-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

A 350z is a great car, but in the hands of an inexperienced driver your really asking for more trouble than its worth. My first few years driving I had no problem getting myself into dangerous situations with a FWD 127hp car, only now would I say I could handle a RWD 287hp car when I misjudge a turn. EM2s are pretty nice cars anyway, there's lots you can do to them to make it a nice fun little car. My advice, rather than saving for a 350z save for school, an education will give you the ability to get any car you want one day.

Don't cut springs, it's very dangerous.
Old 01-08-2011
Registered!!

I bought a stock 350z in Gran Turismo 5 today i tuned it. Was: 287HP, Now: 400+HP haha, i haven't lost a race. Sexy car but MindBombers right, at 16 you won't be able to handle a car like that for a while, and with a civic you can do a lot of things to it and make it nice. Save money for school, you might not understand now ... but when you're in uni a couple years from now like i am ... you'll learn not to take money for granted.
Old 01-08-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

A game does not account for real life experience driving, just to throw that out there
Old 01-08-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i beg to differ. ive driven a turbo civic and few other fast cars on need for speed underground and im pretty sure i can handle them in real life. alot of driving schools use video games to teach younger guys so they can go out on their own afterwards.
Old 01-08-2011
Kenny the Ricer

A PS3 controller =/= steering wheel
How do you account for the weight and engine response from the actual car?

Unless you're playing a state of the art simulation, a game is not the same.

And I agree with the schools...thats why kids nowadays play GTA and run around with guns in the streets killing people for their cars.
Old 01-08-2011
Premium Member

you can deal with those situations when they come up hope nobody took that post seriously

Last edited by gearbox; 01-08-2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-09-2011
Registered!!

haha im sure i could handle it, its all a matter of getting used to it..ppl at school have 350z and someone has an evo...spoiled ppl...anybody think i should put headers? i need a link and btw college is already good..i got good grades and scholorships for lacrosse..and trying to get to west point...and thats free so we will see

Quick Reply: Hows my civic looking-(Interior kit)