7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

True 7th gen potential

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about
Re: True 7th gen potential

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
and the damned anzo's in front with the block heater plug hanging in front
Are u saying Anzo's are good or bad? I was thinking of getting a pair when i got my civic lol

Originally Posted by MelJ

BAHAHAHA!!
Old 12-29-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

It's possible to make 400hp+ easily on a K, its a completely different motor.

The stock block record for a d17a2 is under 300hp, running close to 30lbs of boost. Did you mean without or with cams, because realistically you won't break 225hp without building the head. The size of turbo helps, but its only one small factor in the equation, swapping in the biggest turbo out there won't help you. Not trying to be a dick, it just sounds like you need to do a hell of a lot more research before you go any further. For example, running 93 octane without having an EMS installed is completely useless..

Originally Posted by pb_boosted_es2
Not looking to set records and yea, saw his 490 hp build, idr if that was whp or to the crank.. But i'm hoping to do so on 15-20lbs of boost. My aim's are to reach my goals on 15lbs without cams and all that. Do intend to build the head to be able to with stand 11,000rpm & have the cranck balanced to about 13,000 for safety.

If i gotta go over 15lbs i will have to swap my intake mani. Which i plan to do sooner or later.

& i do know it's easier to make 450-500whp with the k.
My boy has a 06 si on 12lbs making 440whp. Stock motor. Idr what size turbo. As i said b4. The size makes a difference.

But if u don't plan on doing over 500. I personally don't see the point
Old 12-30-2010
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

true that. i used to use 93... before i found out it does nothing in a low compression engine. when i switched to basic, it was noticably slower feeling till i reset the ecu, after that it felt the same.
Old 12-30-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
Are u saying Anzo's are good or bad? I was thinking of getting a pair when i got my civic lol
low light output, but still better than my beat-up stock one that i took out.
Old 12-30-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MelJ
niiice old subies! like these more than the bug eye type! the evo's did copy part of the headlight design?!?
Old 12-30-2010
Registered!!

pb_boosted_es2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Sweet, I'll look into getting one, if possible, can you do a rev video?
Sorry about the late reply on ur post, i mostly skim being at work and at my girls house. But i can try and get u a vid asap. A rev up. Take off (don't like doing those) & a drive by so u can get a good idea of how it sounds. I'll try working on it tonight being the local meet tonight & piece them together
I'd really like to hear it.
Old 12-30-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice, i'm looking forward to see it
Old 12-30-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
It's possible to make 400hp+ easily on a K, its a completely different motor.

The stock block record for a d17a2 is under 300hp, running close to 30lbs of boost. Did you mean without or with cams, because realistically you won't break 225hp without building the head. The size of turbo helps, but its only one small factor in the equation, swapping in the biggest turbo out there won't help you. Not trying to be a dick, it just sounds like you need to do a hell of a lot more research before you go any further. For example, running 93 octane without having an EMS installed is completely useless..
Before i build i was actually aiming to make 300whp with a t3/t4 turbo. Intake mani swap. A little more boost & fuel & sure with a standalone. If i would to make atleast 260whp, i wouldn't have a problem with that. But i believe some way some how it can be done.

& someone threw 30lbs on it?
Do u know how much the stock block can handle safely? I spiked 12lbs once halfway openning my throttle and backed off. New wastegate diff settings caused my spike
Old 12-30-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pb_boosted_es2
Before i build i was actually aiming to make 300whp with a t3/t4 turbo. Intake mani swap. A little more boost & fuel & sure with a standalone. If i would to make atleast 260whp, i wouldn't have a problem with that. But i believe some way some how it can be done.

& someone threw 30lbs on it?
Do u know how much the stock block can handle safely? I spiked 12lbs once halfway openning my throttle and backed off. New wastegate diff settings caused my spike
I would be nervous and have a spare engine ready, if I ever pushed my block passed 15lbs, but a few people have pushed as high as 20lbs of boost on a stock block I believe. The block is so weak on Honda engines, it actually bends and flexes a bit around the crank shaft, which is one of the reasons Honda builds such perfect cranks.
I think you would could make 260whp if you had a built head, a good cam would make a huge difference on a turbo'd engine.
Old 12-30-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mac25
true that. i used to use 93... before i found out it does nothing in a low compression engine. when i switched to basic, it was noticably slower feeling till i reset the ecu, after that it felt the same.
That or u jus got used to the feeling of running on less than 93oct by that time.
Old 12-30-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I would be nervous and have a spare engine ready, if I ever pushed my block passed 15lbs, but a few people have pushed as high as 20lbs of boost on a stock block I believe. The block is so weak on Honda engines, it actually bends and flexes a bit around the crank shaft, which is one of the reasons Honda builds such perfect cranks.
I think you would could make 260whp if you had a built head, a good cam would make a huge difference on a turbo'd engine.
Lol... I'm scared to pass 9.5/10lbs daily.
That's why i stay at 7.5lbs making 206whp 180+tq on a piggy back, aem fi/c & a bby snail

& yea i was talking without cams.
Old 12-30-2010
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
low light output, but still better than my beat-up stock one that i took out.
Would HIDs make a difference?
Old 12-31-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

read the TYC retrofit thread
Old 01-02-2011
Registered!!

video coming soon. been recorded. needs to be edited
Old 01-02-2011
Registered!!

I actually just found a video of a call out of a call out by a new gen sentra se-r. you can barely hear my exhuast at full throttle. so quiet it's muffled by the se-r.

Funny thing is i got called out by two se-r's. a new gen and the gen before. new gen was the only one that showed while the other backed out. and the video car was a Altima SE-R. he got ate after I ran the se-r. but they fail to let me have the video.
Old 01-06-2011
Registered!!

The video has been uploaded to youtube under "miss berry" but there's an audio problem. But it plays on my phone. I'll look more into it later