7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Remote Starter info

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JRunyon21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Remote Starter info

I am looking to put a remote starter on my 04 VP civic. All I want is a starter, nothing else.

Are these the two items I would need?

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/Produ...rter-only.aspx

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DEI-5...Q5fAccessories
Old 12-19-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Remote Starter info

yeah thats pretty much it, the remote system and the bypass. i would personally go with a better brand than bulldog tho if you want it to last. also most other brands have alot of extra features that may come in handy.
Old 12-20-2010
Registered!!

Any suggestions on other brands. I have a VP so all I can take advantage of is the starter. The reason I picked the bulldog remote starter was bc they offer just a starter which helps bring the price down.
Old 12-20-2010
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

check ebay for dei stuff or other major brands, usually they go for around $100 and you get an alarm too. this one is pretty good. even with a dx, you can still have an alarm, you just have to lock the doors manually.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Hornet-563T-...item5d265b7379
Old 12-24-2010
Registered!!

I went with the bulldog RS82. Only cost me $60 and i got a IB H34 for $10. A friend of mine has experience with bulldog and said that they can be a little tough to install if you have problems b/c bulldog's Tech assistance is terrible. He also said that he has installed three(1 of them 2 yrs ago) and none have given him hassle once installed. Everhything seems straight forward except one part. The instructions state that if i have a negative parking light output that I need to use a certain relay. The wiring diagram I am using for my civic shows two, one in the "headlight switch under the steering column(-)"and one in the "back of the fuse box(+)"

My guess is that if I use the (-) output under the steering column I am going to need a relay....Would I be able to use the (+) output behind the fuse box?
Old 12-24-2010
Premium Member

yeah you should be able to use the + output and save yourself from using relays.