7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Howdy...etc

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
briand17a2 has a spectacular aura aboutbriand17a2 has a spectacular aura about
Howdy...etc

Hey to gearbox, robbclarke, speedfoos, boiler et. al. Whats going on these days? I kinda fell off the planet while in school.

PROBLEMS:
1) Someone "tried" to break in to my car with a screwdriver while at the movies a few months back. Currently, my passenger door is totally hosed. Specifically, the door handle+lock assy. is fubar and I have black duck tape covering the hole to be both sneaky and to prevent rust. Need to fix on the cheap, if anyone has any ideas.

2) Does anyone know if Infinity will sell replacement tweeters for their Kappa series components. Finally blew one after 5 years of use. I need one if they do, thanks in advance.

3) In your opinion, what is better than Skunk2 lowering springs, if one enjoys the benefits of having a lowered car, while hates the problem of rear tire alignment problems? Everyone but me thinks I should raise it back the way it was, but well, I like the way it feels. It does look kinda jankity though.

COMMENTS:
1) Hawk HPS brake pads are fantastic. Try them if you like.

2) Merry Christmas

3) Happy New Year

That is all. Hope everyone's doing good. Later
Old 12-17-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Howdy...etc

I'll get this started, all the members you mentioned with the exception of Gearbox have moved onto other projects and are no longer active on this site. We have a great group here presently though, and many of our current members are just as or more knowledgeable than those you mentioned.

Could you post a picture of the door lock, I'd like to see exactly what's wrong with it. When someone broke into my brothers car he was able to repair the lock area with JBwelb, which he sanded over and painted; not ideal, but totally functional and about $10.

Not sure, I have a feeling you'll be able to answer this one though Kenny!

If your slammed on skunk2s I suspect your burning through tires, the answer is simple and you can keep your lowering springs. Stock camber arms only have a limited degree of adjustability, so if you lowered more than an inch you won't be able to have a proper alignment done. To correct the problem you'll need a camber kit, K-sport is as cheap as I'd go and they're about $105, but SPC or Ingalls are the best for around $175.

Hawk pads are killer, I run them and I couldn't believe the performance when I first made the switch. Best thing I've ever purchased for my car!

If your done school, get postin! we've made lots of improvements to the site lately and it would be great to see a past member return.
Old 12-17-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure infinity will sell their tweeters if you contacted them, dunno if they'd replace em for free though
Old 12-18-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back
Old 02-25-2011
Registered!!

WatumboJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MindBomber
many of our current members are just as or more knowledgeable than those you mentioned
......right.