7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Drop my 04 Civic on stock rims?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
windsnow is an unknown quantity at this point
Drop my 04 Civic on stock rims?

My 04 civic sedan with 14" stock rims.
Will it look good if I drop it on the stock rims?
I heard that dropping your car is the first step, and then buying larger rims.
I want to see how it will look like when dropping my car on the stock rims.
And maybe later I will get larger rims if I like it.

BTW, my friend is going to take out his lower spring and put the stock spring on for his 2000 sir. Will his lower spring work for my civic?

thanks
Old 12-07-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Drop my 04 Civic on stock rims?

No, your friends lowering springs won't work he has a totally different suspension.

Dropping or wheels first isn't a huge deal, it's just w/e you prefer doing first. If you drop it on stock wheels, it will just look like your car with less of a gap in the wheel wells.
Old 12-07-2010
Registered!!

windsnow is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks.
If dropping the car,
what to recommend?
and how much in total?
Old 12-07-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Thats totally your decision..

1.5 on Tein stechs is a good drop that maintains functionality, anything beyond that and you scrape going over speed bumps. Keep in mind that dropping isn't simple though, you should replace/upgrade all the existing suspension components.
Old 12-08-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

plus camber kits and the choice of wheels will be reduced (tires will scrub in the fenders and it will happen earlier if dropped)
Old 12-09-2010
Registered!!

2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough

save up for a drop on some coilovers so you can go low and not rub your tires from having a bouncy suspension. i scrape every speed bump and am eating my frame rails and my exhaust hangs in the middle a little bit right now but you get used to it. being low is a lifestyle. your gonna have to change your driving style completely when you lower your car.

and as far as it looking good on stock rims. itll look alright. itll look better than stock but with rims it would be a lot better. im back on stock 15" and i rather be on 17" again.

Last edited by 2005civiclx; 12-09-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-09-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

tein s-techs with tokico blues (~$650) and an SPC camber kit (~$155) is a pretty good starter setup. I would probably be riding on that setup still if I didn't find a good deal on the coilovers I have now.

And I lowered my car well before I got rims. Just thought I'd throw that out there.