7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

rear window wont work

Old 11-29-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jono237 is an unknown quantity at this point
rear window wont work

ok i have a 04 sedan and the rear passenger window makes no noise and is non responsive to either the driver switch and the passenger switch so i checked the 20amp fuses under the dash and all four seem to be ok so then i checked the 40amp under the hood and that seems ok and i figured it would be since the other 3 windows work fine so i guess what would be my nxt step from here. i did some youtubing to see if there was a how to but only found old car how toos so im at a loss and if its something simple that i can check before ripping my door apart that be great i just dont wana find out after i tear the door apart that it was something simple and i didnt even need to tear the door apart. Thanx guys!
Old 11-29-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: rear window wont work

taking the door panal off takes 5 minutes.
Old 11-29-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jono237 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i have taken apart many panels for speaker upgrades throughout the years i just dont want to tear things apart that dont need to be.
Old 11-30-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

1. Take the panel off the inside of the door.

2. Disconnect connector to the window motor.

3. Take your battery from your cordless drill and two jumper wires and connect to the motor. If it works the motor will immediately turn. Doesn't matter which way you hook it up as it goes both ways.

http://www.bkhondaparts.com/billkay/...itch=&hidIrno=
Old 11-30-2010
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

My drivers rear on my 05 quit. You could see the dome light dim slightly when it's window switch first pushed.

I measured the current and it was drawing 14 amps, So I isolated the motor and jumpered battery voltage direct to the motor itself and it still would not budge. (bad regulator)

The master switch is also a common problem so take your time troubleshooting.