7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

motor with less miles increase value?

Old 11-20-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mruizco is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile motor with less miles increase value?

i just get a used non vtec motor with only 60,000 miles for my 02 civic dx i have the receipt showing the miles on the engine

u think guy that increase the values of my car??

thanks
Old 11-20-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: motor with less miles increase value?

Low mileage increases value. New engine decreases value.
Old 11-20-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i personally would not buy a car where a major component had to be replaced. i know it sounds good on paper to say you replaced a ton of parts, but doesnt speak highly of how reliable the car is. usually that means the original owner wasnt responsible and there could be all sorts of other problems. i wouldnt mention it when you sell the car. if it were me, i would pick the much older car with more miles and original parts cause it would be better taken care of, more reliable, and proven to last. just my opinion.
Old 11-20-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

yeah thats a tuff one but i don't think the effort and cost of putting the new motor in will net you enough money to make it feasible.
Old 11-20-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

If i drive backwards and roll my odo backwards will that increase the value of my car?
Old 11-20-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

no, its just fraud. and easier to buy a new cluster anyway.
Old 11-20-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I love how you told me it was illegal, then gave me another route
Old 11-20-2010
Registered!!

FrankMazzarella is an unknown quantity at this point

would driving backward really decrease odo? or is that a stupid question?
Old 11-20-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Still not a good enough...but it gets the message through

ODO's dont go back ever since they've been digital
and even on old odo's they had to be drilled backwards
Old 11-21-2010
Registered!!

ExistEvolution is on a distinguished road

lol, did you not watch the movie ferris bueler. Of course this will work just put blocks under car so rear wheels are off the ground cause thats where the odometer sensor is.

Um digitals can be hacked, figure out where the battery is n the circut and drain it so the information becomes lost i don't think will work justa theory
Old 11-21-2010
Registered!!

green01civic will become famous soon enoughgreen01civic will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ExistEvolution
lol, did you not watch the movie ferris bueler. Of course this will work just put blocks under car so rear wheels are off the ground cause thats where the odometer sensor is.

Um digitals can be hacked, figure out where the battery is n the circut and drain it so the information becomes lost i don't think will work justa theory
The data would be stored on an EEPROM in non-volatile memory, so I suppose if you want to leave the battery disconnected for a few thousand years, you could hope the data would decay out and leave you with no mileage.

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
If i drive backwards and roll my odo backwards will that increase the value of my car?
Will it increase the value of your car when the carfax/autocheck shows odometer fraud?

Last edited by green01civic; 11-21-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-21-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Uhm, movies are just what they are....movies

And yeah, probably, you can short it to reset the # of miles to 0 if you know how, hack it?
I doubt it

@greencivic
Not if all my maintenance and body work was done by me!
There would be no record of transactions done to service the vehicle, so real mileage would be unknown
Old 11-21-2010
Registered!!

ExistEvolution is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by green01civic
The data would be stored on an EEPROM in non-volatile memory, so I suppose if you want to leave the battery disconnected for a few thousand years, you could hope the data would decay out and leave you with no mileage.

Will it increase the value of your car when the carfax/autocheck shows odometer fraud?
you can overwrite anything electronic if you know how to get at it, thats what i was saying, its only electrical pulsing through a circut to maintain memory, if you stopped feeding it electricity and figured a way to drain the charge technically it would become deleted.
Old 11-21-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

You can get the odometer re-flashed to whatever mileage you like, its just most people with the extremely expensive machine would never be willing to do it. Online there are a few people who do it for around $125.
Old 11-22-2010
Registered!!

green01civic will become famous soon enoughgreen01civic will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ExistEvolution
you can overwrite anything electronic if you know how to get at it, thats what i was saying, its only electrical pulsing through a circut to maintain memory, if you stopped feeding it electricity and figured a way to drain the charge technically it would become deleted.
You'll need to read up on the difference between volatile and non-volatile memory.

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Not if all my maintenance and body work was done by me!
There would be no record of transactions done to service the vehicle, so real mileage would be unknown
In which case I probably wouldn't buy the car if there were no mileage records. Assuming I really wanted the car... in the event of rollback or missing information, I assume 15,000 miles per year. 8 years, or in your case, 120,000 miles. I've seen cars with clear mileage rollback, and I've even bought one (but I assumed 200k miles, not the 90k on ODO. Negotiated as if 200k, and bought the car).

At some point you have to do a reality check, and determine if it is really worth it.
Old 11-22-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Well, some people never check

And don't always assume too much

My 03 civic has been babied by me, always taken care of at home
and only just broke 60k miles
I guess you gotta take into consideration the condition of the car, and inspect it with a fine tooth brush