7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

H22 swap ??

Old 11-18-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Polski Dan has a spectacular aura aboutPolski Dan has a spectacular aura aboutPolski Dan has a spectacular aura about
H22 swap ??

Hi, i had a buddy of mine that told me about a h22, he was saying all these good things about this motor.... dont no if its true thats its the best and things like that.... if you guys can help me and give me your option on it really would appreciate it.....

Thanks
Dan
Old 11-18-2010
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold
Re: H22 swap ??

Which H22 are you referring to?
Old 11-18-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

why would you want a h22 when you can legally install a k series engine thats what your talking about rite an engine swap ???
Old 11-18-2010
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

I believe he started another thread about a K-swap few weeks ago.
Old 11-18-2010
Registered!!

Polski Dan has a spectacular aura aboutPolski Dan has a spectacular aura aboutPolski Dan has a spectacular aura about

I was referring to a h22a and yes a swap
Old 11-18-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you swap k20s into civics. h22 is for accords
Old 11-18-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Your friends with older cars can swap their engines for less than $1500 no problem, our cars are a more recent design though. Three types of swaps have been successfully completed into the 7th gen chassis.

The B-series swap has been done TWICE, but only on non-street legal show and race cars.

An H-series engine has been swapped into a 7th gen ONCE, you can find the build thread on honda-tech; it was done by someone with insane experience, who needed to fabricate a lot of parts and its only street legal, because New Brunswick doesn't have any emissions regulations. Technically, if you have an 2001 Civic you could swap in a 2001 Prelude engine, but good luck finding the engine and its still a completely custom swap.

A K-series is the only practical swap for a 7th gen civic chassis, and unfortunately is the least expensive. Emissions regulations will not allow an engine to be older than the chassis its being installed in, which leaves K-series engines the only option by default. The K is also the only swap with any after-market support for mounts, wiring conversion harnesses, PS and AC kits etcetera. The least expensive K-swap is the K20a3, expect to pay a minimum of $5000; the most expensive is the K20a, which can cost as much as $16000.

A J-series swap in an EM2. Much discussed, never completed. Its a great idea if you have a fully equipped shop, mad skills and another DD since it will take months. Is the glory of being the first worth going broke?

Last edited by MindBomber; 11-18-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-18-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i remember seeing a J series swap on hondatek
Old 11-18-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

If you could link me to a thread with a completed J-swap I`d appreciate it, I`ve seen it discussed many times but nothing beyond that.
Old 11-18-2010
Registered!!

shwoogie420 is an unknown quantity at this point

def would swap a k-series into a civic before a h22.... and if your thinking of putting a h22 in a 7thgen your shot..waytoo much work...like gearbox said k20 for civic h22 for accord
Old 11-18-2010
Registered!!

your going to have to search hondatek i haven't seen the thread in over a year.
Old 11-18-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I searched this forum, honda-tech, seventhgenhonda, k20a and I haven't been able to find someone who has completed a J-swap. I can't even find a serious member saying their putting parts together or have one in progress.
Old 11-18-2010
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

are u talking about a j series in a 7thgen or in any civic? cuz i have seen it done on an ek hatch
Old 11-18-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

In a 7th gen.

Everythings been swapped into ek hatches.
Old 11-18-2010
Registered!!

i don't know maybe start a thred in the 7th gen section of hondatek asking or ask a mod to help you find it i know i saw the build thred
but i don't remember if it got completed.