7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Change Honda Emblem

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about
Re: Change Honda Emblem

Originally Posted by lollygagger
Pheet get back to us with the logos please!
Ya man, i'm waiting too
Old 09-30-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Doplicolor should be sold at most automotive stores

Heres my $5 Carbon Fiber emblem
Looks pretty decent doesnt it?

Name:  DSCF9563.jpg
Views: 1808
Size:  62.1 KB
Name:  DSCF9564.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  63.8 KB
Old 09-30-2010
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Not bad at all actually :P Where'd u get it from? Honestly, i'm having trouble finding ones that fit 7th gen civics but u guys pull these out of no where -.-
Old 09-30-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
Not bad at all actually :P Where'd u get it from? Honestly, i'm having trouble finding ones that fit 7th gen civics but u guys pull these out of no where -.-
I got it from a local car meet
Blox open house event

Was a bunch of vendors open, and one had bucket loads of CF/Red/Black/Blue emblems
I kinda wanted to grab a CF Suburu emblem just for the hell of it

I was sorta thinking about buying a bunch and selling them back out for 10 bucks each

Look around, they're usually everywhere, and theres no specific 6th gen, 7th gen, 8th gen emblems, they usually are 1 size fits all. 2 plugs, and a 3M sticky pad behind it
Old 09-30-2010
Registered!!

I'll check eBay tomorrow morning if I can't find ones I like I'll be hitting up Canadian tire tomorrow to get some dupli color spray :P
Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

Pheet is on a distinguished road

Well these are the ones I bought http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Im not sure about the measurement since I didnt even bother measuring them. If they dont, then I have lots and lots of double-sided type lying around in my room I used double sided tape to secure the H and the Si emblems onto my car so Im not really worried.
Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gearbox
i did some for a member with duplicolor metalcast smoke paint. goes right on chrome without problem and you can keep adding coats til it gets dark enough. keeps the shine too cause you can see the chrome thru it.

Kind of a Candy Coat Grey except for chrome. I like it. Where can I get some?
Old 10-01-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

any auto store should carry the metalcast line. they come in a bunch of colors too and yeah its like a candy coat almost. goes on thin like tint, but the more you put on the darker it looks.
Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

If you live in Canada go to Canadian tire. That's where I found the dupli-colour products. They had a bunch of metalcast colours where I live... All but black / smoke
Old 10-01-2010
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

the smoke is a newish color, maybe they can special order for you.
Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

so why didn't you just get the dupli-color adhesion promoter then whatever color black you want ??? . if your going to be special ordering dupli-color i would suggests you get there new shadow chrome blackout kit http://www.duplicolor.com/products/s...=Promo1Marquee
Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

Well i could ask next time i go in. The woman there showed me this other dupli-color product that she told me would stick to the chrome and look good. She told me it would be glossy but honestly i can't remember the name... i'll check when i go back there
Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

that new dupli-color chrome blackout kit is basically what gearbox was trying to do with that emblem. ill be getting some shortly to do my emblems here is a DIY video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ziO0...layer_embedded
Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

Those are pretty nice, it did a really good job and for around $20, i'll still have enough to paint rims if i ever need to
Old 10-01-2010
Premium Member

if you just want black chrome, spraying it with VHT niteshades will also work.
Old 10-02-2010
Registered!!

thejuanandonly is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been looking for some emblems for weeks but cant find any that fit my 05
I thought about just painting them red but thought it might not look to good
but i might just spray them black.
how do you guys feel about Spraying them red?
Old 10-02-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno about spraying them red.. I guess it'd really have to depend on how well it flowed with the rest of your car.

As for the metalcast, I was able to find a can of it easily at an o'reilly auto parts. Sprayed my Honda emblem, civic emblem, and ex emblem with 8-10 coats of the stuff.

edit: I thought I had more/better pics of them, but you can see my Civic emblem
Name:  IMG_0036.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  71.9 KB

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 10-02-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-02-2010
Registered!!

Wow even with ur car being a darker colour it still looks really nice. But how did you spray the civic emblem? Did you take it off and spray it?

Just wondering because if you took it off wouldn't you have had to remove the adhesive? If so then how did you get it back on?
Old 10-02-2010
Registered!!

billing10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lollygagger
Is that a reputable website?
Ive purchased multiple items from drift gear and they were always good
Old 10-03-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Wow even with ur car being a darker colour it still looks really nice. But how did you spray the civic emblem? Did you take it off and spray it?

Just wondering because if you took it off wouldn't you have had to remove the adhesive? If so then how did you get it back on?
I have a few rolls of 3m double sided tape laying around for random automotive use.

here's how I did it:
-Marked 2 adjacent edges using delicate surfaces masking tape
-Pulled the emblems using fishing line
-removed the adhesive from both the car and the emblems by hand
-sprayed the emblems, one coat at a time, allowing at least 15 minutes between coats (8-10 coats per emblem)
-cut some of the tape and applied it to the backs of the emblems
-cleaned the surfaces on the car with soap and water
-reapplied emblems

My car has a dark motif goin on, gunmetal rims, carbon fiber hood, blue/black carbon kevlar gas door, color matched headlight bezels sprayed emblems. The way I sprayed the emblems gives them a gunmetal look, and almost match my rims perfectly. My color scheme continues under the hood, with a dark blue candy coated valve cover, gunmetal colored wire cover and fuse box cover, gunmetal colored intake pipe.
Old 10-03-2010
Person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by billing10
Ive purchased multiple items from drift gear and they were always good
Just curious because they are so cheap! I want to buy the red set for the civic but they are currently sold out.
Old 10-03-2010
Registered!!

See There are what i see all over ebay:

http://www.drift-gear.com/jdmblhotyrem1.html

I just want to know if the pins are the right size for my 02 civic
Old 10-03-2010
Kenny the Ricer

See There are what i see all over ebay:

http://www.drift-gear.com/jdmblhotyrem1.html

I just want to know if the pins are the right size for my 02 civic
The backing on the left is what I had on my CF emblem, it should def fit

Im pretty sure it fits all models of civics
Old 10-03-2010
Registered!!

I was thinking that too. The pins on the back looked about the size of the OEM H emblem pins. I'm not sure about the front though :S
Old 10-03-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Just debadge the front with a $30 ebay type-r grille
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...ht_5038wt_1165

Thats what I got on the front of my car.. As with many other members.
Old 10-03-2010
Registered!!

Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Just a grille? Get the whole ricer front bumber like me lol
Old 10-04-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
Just a grille? Get the whole ricer front bumber like me lol
Didn't you buy your **** like that? Cheater

there's only 2 body kits out there I'd consider buying, but I'm hella poor. Thats why I'm still rockin a stock front bumper with the lower grill dremeled out to accommodate an intercooler I once had.

Back on topic! lol
Old 10-04-2010
Registered!!

Yes I did buy it that way. Pretty soon I am going to try and fix the little tear in the front and the big tear in the back bumber. I am thinking I can use a little plastic glue to put it back together and then reinforce it from behind with some fiberglass and then sand it down.

If that doesn't work, then I'm gonna get either a full (tasteful) kit or oem to replace it all. I agree with you, there are only a couple that I would go with, that don't look like a alien space ship.

Last edited by Mad Dog Tannen; 10-04-2010 at 02:31 AM.
Old 10-04-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Fiberglass patch behind it with bondo to smooth it out on the front. Should work perfectly.

I'm really bad (rather, good) at threadjacking.. hahaha..

But yes, debadge the front with an altezza/type-r grill. I think you'd have to get the sedan radiator cover (part number 71122-S5A-003) to make it work, but whoo-de-doo, another 11 bucks (plus shipping) online at south bay honda (majestic doesn't ship to canada), or $20 at the stealership.

and WHAMMY! de-badging action!
Name:  IMG_0413.jpg
Views: 876
Size:  92.6 KB

many people just paint the lip and leave the center portion unpainted (black). Some people leave it unpainted altogether for the black/[insert color] look. I personally think the unpainted center (the mesh area) with the painted lip looks the best. Gives it the contrasting color look without it being all "BAM!" in the face-status.

and yes, I know my hood looks like doggie doo-doo.
Old 10-04-2010
Registered!!

How about painting just the mesh? That's what I would do then it looks different but not unfinished.

Quick Reply: Change Honda Emblem