7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Brand new key???

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about
Brand new key???

Don't want to copy old worn out key. But also don't want to pay for Dealership car key which is 160+. Is there anywhere else that I can get a brand new key with out paying so much?? Fresno CA. thanks.
Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brand new key???

My key was something like 32 bucks to get a new key cut and programmed. I think your dealer is trying to screw you in the butt.
Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!

Phantomd is an unknown quantity at this point

if you have the key code go to a locksmith, they can usually cut keys from a code.

-Zach
Old 08-16-2010
Low and slow!

02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Phantomd
if you have the key code go to a locksmith, they can usually cut keys from a code.

-Zach
Ya this is true, if you can get the key code then you can go to a lock smith or someone that can cut the keys and have it programmed. And like lordhelmet said doing this method it will cost like 30 to 50 dollars.
Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 02civicsi02
Ya this is true, if you can get the key code then you can go to a lock smith or someone that can cut the keys and have it programmed. And like lordhelmet said doing this method it will cost like 30 to 50 dollars.
How do you get the key code?
Old 08-16-2010
Low and slow!

02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Usually when they sell you the car they are suppose to give you the code really. When I bought my ep3 they gave me the codes cause they where on a plastic piece with the code written on it on the key ring with the keys. So i guess if you didnt get it then go to honda and get it.
Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

cool, thx.
Old 08-17-2010
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

I got my key cut at Barber Honda in Bakersfield. Key, cut, program for 30ish dollars.
Old 08-17-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

schaller honda told me it would cost 100 dollars just to program the key they said because its an hour of labor i just laughed at them.
Old 08-20-2010
Registered!!

2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about

intresting. haha would a walmart or home depot be able to program them? cuz i know they cut keys. and can i just call up honda and ask them for my key code?
Old 08-20-2010
Registered!!

I found out that another dealer in fresno would do the programing free! i wonder if it has to do with other ppl having there name in the name haha clawson was charging 170!
Old 08-20-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

good locksmith can do for around $40. its always good to keep a new backup key for making copies.
Old 02-24-2011
I haven't been here in a long time

mkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the rough

first off, I know this is an old thread....

I take it you guys took your car to the dealer to get it cut correct? how do i do that if i dont have a key to begin with lol....it was lost the only solution for me is to have a locksmith come to me and cut and program it, thats 120 from the estimates I have. Does anyone know how to get the code WITHOUT going to the dealer for it? I dont believe I have the code for the car as I bought it used with 1,200 (ish) miles on it.

I know that even after opinions posted on here I'll more than likely have to call the locksmith to do it anyway....but heres hopin'
Old 02-25-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mkymonkey
I know that even after opinions posted on here I'll more than likely have to call the locksmith to do it anyway....but heres hopin'
I was told by the dealer key guy i went to that my key didnt work to be coppied so he just asked me for my pin of my car which is around a few places on our civics. you could try to call your honda dealer to see if they charge less, and if they can just use the car pin to make you a new key.
good luck though
Old 02-25-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mkymonkey
how do i do that if i dont have a key to begin with lol....it was lost
Only have 2 choices:

1. Locksmith can come out and read the code and make a new one on the spot. By reading the code I mean he has a set that he sticks in the ignition one-by-one until he hits the right code. Could take 3 minutes or 3 hours, that's why they gave you such a high quote.

2. Go to the dealer. It could be anywhere between $100-300 depending on the dealer.
Old 02-27-2011
I haven't been here in a long time

mkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the rough

Thanks guys, I couldn't wait anymore so I called a locksmith. He charged me 115 but I gave him 130 only because the ****er came...read the code made two keys and programmed it in literally 10 minutes.

Thanks guys for the input, none the less