7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Creaking plastic

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rhymeboy89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Creaking plastic

Hi again,

Ok so I get a lot of creaking as im sure many people do. Has anyone done anything to fix it? Anyone tried fixing it through the dealer? If so, how much and what did you fix? Would be of great help thank you.
Old 08-06-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Creaking plastic

creaking ??? do you mean cracking how would you expect them to fix the sound of creaking plastic exactly ???
Old 08-06-2010
Registered!!

well if the plastic has gotten loose, tighten it up. Reseal it or add some insallation(sp and i think im using the right word). I'm pretty sure a car's interior is not suppose to creak. I've read that honda has some kind of service that they can check out the car for any loose areas.
Old 08-06-2010
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lowlife9
creaking ??? do you mean cracking how would you expect them to fix the sound of creaking plastic exactly ???

Well, FWIW, and if I may hijack the thread a bit, every time I jack up my car I always get this creaking/cracking noise. Do y'all get this too when you jack up your car?
Old 08-06-2010
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

They used a felt type material to fix my passenger A pillar rattle under warranty. Probably had an adhesive backing.

What I hate about the Hondas is if you take one of the plastic panels loose they never fit back tight or properly afterwards (kick panels, door rocker panels etc.)

Cheap @ss polystyrene crap plastic Honda, could you make it any cheaper ?
Old 08-06-2010
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by CraigW
Cheap @ss polystyrene crap plastic Honda, could you make it any cheaper ?
Actually they can.

Have you been in a Nissan? You don't even have to take it off. They come right off for you.

Test drove one of their mini suv and console was falling apart right before our eyes. You should have seen the look on the salesman's face. He didn't know what to say. Just tried to hold it together. When we came back, we just walked away. He didn't say one word. Can't blame him.
Old 08-06-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nosepicker
Actually they can.

Have you been in a Nissan? You don't even have to take it off. They come right off for you.
I seriously lol'd at that
Old 08-06-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i can see fixing rattling panels by either tightening screws or replacing those plastic clips that hold the panels on . but creaking would be evan difficult to pinpoint the cause of the noise in the first place. but you can actually fix the problem by turning up your stereo trust me it works.
Old 08-06-2010
Registered!!

Psykotik_913 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
I seriously lol'd at that
I lol'd x2
Old 08-07-2010
Registered!!

lol well its pretty loud so the music has to be crazy high and i sometimes drive other ppl so i think they might want to have conversation during the drive lol
Old 08-07-2010
Registered!!

grendel has a spectacular aura aboutgrendel has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by lowlife9
you can actually fix the problem by turning up your stereo trust me it works.
Old 08-07-2010
HLC
Registered!!

HLC is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, FWIW, and if I may hijack the thread a bit, every time I jack up my car I always get this creaking/cracking noise. Do y'all get this too when you jack up your car?
you have the ebrake on. when you jack the car up in the front, the car wants to walk forward slightly because its being pulled forward slightly. if you have the ebrake on, its working against it.

try jacking the car up with the ebrake off then pulling it after its in the air. no more creaking.
Old 08-07-2010
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

...every time I jack up my car I always get this creaking/cracking noise. Do y'all get this too when you jack up your car?
Are you using the correct lift points? Could be your suspension is going bad- check your suspension joints.