7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Factory Spoiler vs Factory like Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cjski04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Factory Spoiler vs Factory like Spoiler

My friends dad can get me the factory spoiler from honda for 499 instead of 599. Then he could paint it for 100...Thats way more expensive then the spoilers I have found online that are 100 and 170 painted. So would it be like the same product if I bought the one for 100 and painted it with my friends dad so it would be done professionally...Cuz 500 isnt what I was looking for. is there any difference in the material?
Old 08-04-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Factory Spoiler vs Factory like Spoiler

Can you just stop creating new threads about the same subject, please?!?
Old 08-04-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ummm, well first off all honda spoilers are prepainted from the factory. the only better feature they have is the super bright led strip which is made with quality components. the ebay/generics have terrible strip that is too dim and dies quickly. otherwise the generic is much lighter and many do not require the upgraded trunk shocks. if you just want the spoiler look, i would tend towards the generic and have it painted (mainly for the weight savings). if you have to have the oem look and the better light (and it says CIVIC under the spoiler), then go over to handaaccessories.com and get the oem for $249 on sale (select colors). im not sure how $499 is a deal, even hondas price if you walked into a random dealer is only $370. both painted prices ofcourse. youre getting owned by friends dad with a huge markup

Last edited by gearbox; 08-04-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-04-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Or you could go to www.car-part.com find a oem one cheap and have it painted
Old 08-05-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jsmithe2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would go with whoever give me an electrostatic paint job or have the facility to bake the paint. Backyard paint can, even when done properly, is not gonna last. But if ur in a budget and have the time to re-paint it every year or so.....

Dunno why the lights would die... aren't they all LED these days, last forever? U can buy high intensity LEDs from eBay and replace them yourself. The only thing I can think of is they got shoddy weatherstrip and the seeping water is burning the LEDs out, but that can be improved by a DIY'er am sure.

Last edited by jsmithe2010; 08-05-2010 at 12:32 AM.
Old 08-05-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
ummm, well first off all honda spoilers are prepainted from the factory. the only better feature they have is the super bright led strip which is made with quality components. the ebay/generics have terrible strip that is too dim and dies quickly. otherwise the generic is much lighter and many do not require the upgraded trunk shocks. if you just want the spoiler look, i would tend towards the generic and have it painted (mainly for the weight savings). if you have to have the oem look and the better light (and it says CIVIC under the spoiler), then go over to handaaccessories.com and get the oem for $249 on sale (select colors). im not sure how $499 is a deal, even hondas price if you walked into a random dealer is only $370. both painted prices ofcourse. youre getting owned by friends dad with a huge markup
The color i would need for my civic cost 370 painted. idk why some colors are way cheaper but whatever...how bout this sight?
http://www.carid.com/2005-honda-civi...tem-41598.html
seems good quality and only 100..170 painted plus shipping so 200..but I will prolly spend the extra 30 and have the paint done professionally...give me the thumbs up and Im going to get this spoiler....good quality or not?
Old 08-05-2010
Registered!!

alright just ordered the spoiler from the sight above...all reviews say good quality
Old 08-05-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah abs or fiberglass is your best bet. way lighter than the oem one, i dont even think you need the shocks for the one you got so just bolt it on and youre done!
Old 08-06-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
yeah abs or fiberglass is your best bet. way lighter than the oem one, i dont even think you need the shocks for the one you got so just bolt it on and youre done!
ye hope not..i never realize that the shocks made need to be upgraded....I still can't believe that something like that can require that
Old 08-08-2010
Registered!!

drew65 is an unknown quantity at this point

so i am also looking at putting a spoiler on my car (05 silver coupe) and found this site
http://www.spoilerexpress.com/cart/s...?idProduct=156

the spoiler would cost 109$ painted 50$ primed only... the only problem is i don't know the paint code which is required... where do you find the paint code (cuz i have looked on both door jams and its not there) i think its satin silver... but it also wants a factory code which is on that paint code area... i need help finding this code... also is this deal too good to be true? has any one used spoilerexpress.com before? if so... where you satisfied with your product?
Old 08-08-2010
Registered!!

drew65 is an unknown quantity at this point

hahahaha ironic... the place im asking about is the ad for this page...