7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

ep3????

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PurpCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
ep3????

other then a k series and it being lite what is good about the car....
would it be worth trading the em2 in

Last edited by PurpCivic; 08-02-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-04-2010
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough
Re: ep3????

dont see to many of them around i would trade in my em2 for one but that my opinion
Old 08-04-2010
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure its any lighter than your em2. You would have the same suspension drawbacks as your current car. You'd get a k series that is looked down upon by the other k motors. You'd have a fairly rare car and one that looks a lot better than the em2.
Old 08-05-2010
Low and slow!

02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

The ep3 is a great car. I have owned alot of hondas but the ep3 is my favorite of them all. The ep3 is far from lite, its a whale I say compared to the older civics for sure but the k thats in it is actually a great motor. It can handle alot and is proving itself lately on it can get up there with the big k motors. The k20a3 is great for boost.

The ep3 is also a great track car from what I have seen. I know alot of people that track there ep3 and does very well. This one guy tracks his with 180 whp and keeps up with cars in a higher class than him. Though he is also a good driver. But also the another k swap in the ep3 is a piece of cake seeing it already has one. The swap really all you neeed is kpro and rear tranni mount and your good. Fits in perfect, all the k motors fit in it with no clearance issues. The k24a2 comes very close to the top radaitor support but works perfect. Over all the ep3 is a very fun car to drive and is very comfortable. The gear shifter is comfortable as well. People think it isnt by looking at it but it is. All ep owners like it. The ep3 would be a good trade in.
Old 08-08-2010
Registered!!

PurpCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

its been a hard choice for me looking how my em2 was handed down to me from my pops....
ive been looking at the ep3 for a while looking at all the different styles you can do with it....
then its a new version of the hatch love it and i did notice that the shifter is close to the radio....overall the car looks great
Old 08-08-2010
Low and slow!

02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PurpCivic
its been a hard choice for me looking how my em2 was handed down to me from my pops....
ive been looking at the ep3 for a while looking at all the different styles you can do with it....
then its a new version of the hatch love it and i did notice that the shifter is close to the radio....overall the car looks great
Ya the car looks alright stock but when you put the bumpers and lip kit on from all the ep's over in europe makes the car look alot better. You should head over to ephatch.com and epcivic.com and check out all the rides to help make your decision.