7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

New Car, New member

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ToasterStrudle is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb New Car, New member

So I just bought an 02 Civic LX, 4 door, auto (Tear :'( ) but now I'm trying to mod it and make it a little more... me. So I'm bringing it to the forum... What do you all feel are the best mods to make first?!

Any input is appreciated and welcomed

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: New Car, New member

yo homie were Da pics at ???
Old 07-08-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
yo homie were Da pics at ???
haha I didn't really think people would want to see pics of my stock LX haha if you want them for real I can put them up
Old 07-08-2010
Registered!!

grendel has a spectacular aura aboutgrendel has a spectacular aura about

welcome!

Some people like to go for the bolt-on stuff first (intake, exhaust, etc). Others like to get the looks first (wheels/tires, paint/vinyl, etc).

Myself? My suggestion would be suspension.

Just read a lot before you buy anything (unless it's a wicked stupid deal lol). Figure out what you want the car to run like / look like / sound like / handle like - then start shopping to get to that end result.

Good luck!
Old 07-08-2010
Pistol grip pump in my lap at all times

mr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ToasterStrudle
haha I didn't really think people would want to see pics of my stock LX haha if you want them for real I can put them up
We gotta remember what it looks like before you started modding it!!!
Old 07-08-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mr22508
We gotta remember what it looks like before you started modding it!!!
haha I'll buy it I guess. I'll put one up a little later...

Suspension.... I had a friend tell me that as well. I'm starting to think that it's a good idea.
Old 07-08-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

well we cant really recommend rims until we know what color your car is does it have tints does it have dents or rust or some other damage that you should fix before you start buying parts. does it have ebay parts on it from the previous owner that we can warn you about etc etc etc.
Old 07-08-2010
Registered!!

Drenic is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Grendel I started with Bolt on stuff first was the exhaust and than moved on to the Air intake.
Old 07-08-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Name:  wave.gif
Views: 12
Size:  2.6 KB

suspension FTW! bolt-ons don't really do much, especially on a d17a1 except add sounds, be it good or bad.

I'd lower it a little bit, and prolly throw on a strut bar first. Both relatively inexpensive (relative being the key word there), and will give you the best bang for your buck performance-wise

and yes, we wanna see your stock honda civic.. then progress pics along the way as the modding bug hits you harder and harder. lol
Old 07-08-2010
Pistol grip pump in my lap at all times

mr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx

suspension FTW! bolt-ons don't really do much, especially on a d17a1 except add sounds, be it good or bad.

I'd lower it a little bit, and prolly throw on a strut bar first. Both relatively inexpensive (relative being the key word there), and will give you the best bang for your buck performance-wise

and yes, we wanna see your stock honda civic.. then progress pics along the way as the modding bug hits you harder and harder. lol
Couldnt have said it any better!!!
Old 07-08-2010
Registered!!

well we cant really recommend rims until we know what color your car is does it have tints does it have dents or rust or some other damage that you should fix before you start buying parts. does it have ebay parts on it from the previous owner that we can warn you about etc etc etc.
Well my tints are going to be put on in about 3 days, no ebay parts, no dents, no rust, it's silver. Needs a new set of break lights but that's a cheep thing that I'm already looking in to. Just put in my head unit (Alpine IDA-X001 it's old but still working well) Appearantly it has been freshly painted silver (again) because it was a Florida car and the sun did it's damage.

For the time being I'm going to post this picture off of Google that looks like my car, we're wiring my amp and sub up right now so I don't really want to take any pictures lol. My wheels are a little different but you get the point.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	5179834_1.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	78649  
Old 07-08-2010
Registered!!

BTW! Thanks for the input and support guys!
Old 07-08-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

drop it and slap some new shoes on her! haha.. If you're feeling up to it, a quick, easy, and very cheap (cost of a can or 2 of paint and a roll of 3m windoweld, so maybe $20-$30 bucks), you can open your headlights, remove the amber insert, and paint the bezel. Most do black for the blacked out headlight look, or you can color match it to your car's color, or go for a subtle paint scheme. It sounds scarier than it really is, but after you've popped open 1 set of headlights, every other set is a breeze.

To take 'em apart, all you have to do is take off the retaining clips along the lens and housing seam, pop it in the oven @ 175-200 for 10 minutes or so, take it out, start at one end and pull 'em apart.. A heat gun works, too, if you have one.
Old 07-08-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, and color matched hood and trunk trim instead of the chrome-ness.. Either go pricey and pick up the coupe counterpart, or paint 'em yourself. I dunno what the sedan owners do
Old 07-08-2010
Registered!!

how many miles are on it was the timing belt done does it need a tune up air filter oil change plugs brake pads. its automatic was the fluid changed thats very important for a 02 automatic. you mite want to check the front lower compliance bushings for problems. these are the things i would be concerned with before i started to mod it.

Last edited by lowlife9; 07-08-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-08-2010
Administrator
Administrator

how many miles are on it was the timing belt done does it need a tune up air filter oil change plugs brake pads. its automatic was the fluid changed thats very important for a 02 automatic . these are the things i would be concerned with before i started to mod it.
That
Old 07-08-2010
Registered!!

ok so lowlife (wow I feel mean saying that haha) 93,000 miles and I just got the timing belt replaced. The air filter is a little dirty but it was replaced not to long ago. Plugs are in my trunk, just have to wait for it not to be 100 degrees out lol. Just had the oil changed and I'll have to check the fluid....

Lower compliance bushings... I'm not sure about those...

Rice, the black out headlights... can you explain what that is... maybe I know it as something else haha I understand the process.. picture maybe, I'm sorry.... this is my first car that I've bought myself (I'm only 19) so I'm doing my best to learn all of this stuff haha
Old 07-08-2010
Administrator
Administrator

not my picture, actually borrowed this from a for sale thread by "prccivic", but this is what they look like when you paint the black bezel piece.
Name:  IMG_1010.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  52.3 KB

and here's the DIY guide to remove the headlights from your car and rip 'em apart to take the amber insert out. It just doesn't tell you what part to paint. In step 9 of the DIY guide, it's the right most chrome piece. If you paint 'em, just be sure to tape off the parking and turn signal reflectors and replace your turn signal bulbs with orange bulbs
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...r-removal.html

And here's what it looks like if you leave the amber piece in. Even though they sell 'em on ebay, I hear the light output on aftermarket OEM style headlights aren't taht good compared to stock.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-03...ht_5748wt_1165

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 07-08-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-09-2010
Registered!!

definitely get the transmission fluid changed because if you dont already know they have serious problems . and the compliance bushing or lower control arm bushing can be visually check from the wheel well they also are faulty.
Old 07-09-2010
Registered!!

Gold Ghost has a spectacular aura aboutGold Ghost has a spectacular aura about

suspension is wut u will c the most gain out of on these cars. i have a fairly simply setup an the car handles like its on rails. plus its not insane money to do a decent suspension.. as stated above bolt ons dun do **** on these cars.
Old 07-10-2010
Registered!!

Well I think suspension is the way I'm going to go... now the question becomes "what is the best brand" lol I mean I love the tight steering that you get with a civic, at least mine is and I don't want to loose that.
Old 07-10-2010
Registered!!

im a fan off progress comps there all around goodness and there a fair price $800 bucks.
Old 07-10-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Get a rear sway bar and front upper strut bar.

I'm a fan of tein suspensions, too. Started out with tein s-techs with tokico blues and now have tein super street coilovers.. Love both setups but couldn't pass up the deal I got on the coilovers
Old 07-10-2010
Registered!!

Gold Ghost has a spectacular aura aboutGold Ghost has a spectacular aura about

kyb gtr2 struts an shocks, progress tech springs, eibach front an rear sway bars ,skunk 2 lower tie bar. front upper an rear upper strut bars an eibach an spc camber kits. the car is like its on rails an i didnt spend to much. lol
Old 07-10-2010
Registered!!

sup_mario is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new car. BTW i am new here too.
Old 07-11-2010
Registered!!

Mr.VTEC has a spectacular aura aboutMr.VTEC has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to civicforums man!! and tomorrow Im going to do that headlight mod!!
Old 07-11-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Mr.VTEC
Welcome to civicforums man!! and tomorrow Im going to do that headlight mod!!
I'm going to go ahead and do it as well, but I'm going to do my probably Tuesday... let us know how it goes!
Old 07-11-2010
Registered!!

Mr.VTEC has a spectacular aura aboutMr.VTEC has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ToasterStrudle
I'm going to go ahead and do it as well, but I'm going to do my probably Tuesday... let us know how it goes!
yeah for sure...ill put up before and after pics.