odometer is 888888 - Honda Civic Forum

7th Generation Civic In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic. Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2010   #1  
Registered!!

vivicho is an unknown quantity at this point
odometer is 888888

Hi,
I have a CIVIC EX 2001 and I have some problems with the gauges.

The odometer shows trip AB 888888, and sometimes it change. The battery light sometimes blinks. (the battery is new and the alternator is fine)and all gauges sometimes turn off. The lights sometimes doesn't work and everything Rpm, speedometer, gas and temperature is turned off.

It seems to be a grounding issue but I already checked almost all the wiring. Replaced all the fuses, cleared the ECU, cleaned the gauge cluster contacts,etc

Every other light, like the brake light, the CEL, the highbeam etc work fine.

Sometimes without any particular reason everything works fine.

I have read a lot about the same issue but could not find an answer. I donít think that it could be damage because it works fines time to time

Do you have an Idea of what could be the cause of that issue?

Thanks for your help.
vivicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010   #2  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: odometer is 888888

either loose battery terminal connections or defective gauge cluster.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote