7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Will 04-05 tail lights work on a 02 2dr ex?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EM2 Rookie is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Will 04-05 tail lights work on a 02 2dr ex?

I've been looking around for some tail lights for my car and I really liked these from xtralights/com but they are 04-05 tail lights. They look the same but I've searched the forums for the answer and the one I found was from

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...-question.html

Originally Posted by unTuned
so i needed 7440 sockets for the signal lights so i went to pick n pull. i read on another forum a guy said he found them in a 95 integra (there was only 1 integra there and it had nothing left) and a 94 civic sedan (there were lots of 94 sedans and they had 7440 sockets, but they were 3 little plastic clip things instead of 4 like we have, so there was no way that would have worked unless you cut them all off and held the socket in place with tape behind it. screw that).

i looked forever until i finally gave up and said screw it ill try to buy one online and modify it if i have to. nearly every car there had round screw in type bulbs instead of wedge bulbs. i was walking past a 1999 toyota tercel and it looked like it had been placed there just recently, i thought theres no way it will have what i need, but ive checked every other import from euro to japanese in this place, so i undid the back cover and there they were. a set of 7440 wedge bulb sockets. i just cut them off, brought them home, then spliced them into my existing 3156 signal wires. works perfect. the only thing was on 3 of 4 of those little clips that twist in place, i had to cut just a little off using a knife but they fit perfect now and nice and snug.
So the 04-05 do fit but I have to get different sockets 7440 to be exact, but when and if I find a 1999 toyota tercel that has 7440 sockets how would I remove them, I know this is noobish but I’ve been trying to figure out how to do this conversion for a while and I just want it to be perfect. Pics of tail lights I’m considering

http://www.xtralights.com/04-05honda...hromepair.aspx

http://www.xtralights.com/04-05honda...s-redpair.aspx

http://www.xtralights.com/04-05honda...smokepair.aspx

oh and unTuned about the LED on your car, were they worth getting cause they look sick as hell
Old 06-30-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will 04-05 tail lights work on a 02 2dr ex?

yes they do fit. Turn signal terminal is different.
Name:  SDC13204.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  57.1 KB
black is the 01-03 terminal. grey is the 04-05 terminal. Don't mind the yellow circles

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...-05-tails.html

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...onversion.html
Old 06-30-2010
Registered!!

So if i were to go the pig tail route i would go somewhere wethier be pick n pull or dealer i would be looking/asking for the male turn signal pigtails from a 04-05 civic ex right n just snip the connector from the wires n solder them together with the + and - wires, hook male to female n presto an 04-05 civic ex tail lights in an 02 civic ex????
Old 06-30-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

if you wanted to order from a dealer, you'd have to order part numbers 04320-SP0-Y00 for the pigtails and I think the part number for the connectors is 04321-SH2-307.. I forgot already. Or you can do what you said: go to a pick-n-pull, snip off the pigtail with the connector and call it good.
Old 06-30-2010
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

yes the tail light housing physically fits perfectly, the reverse socket twists in fine, and the brake light socket twists in fine. the signal is the only problem. the 01-03 have a larger socket that will not fit into the 04-05 housing, so you need to find a 7440 (which is a single filament socket meaning it only has two wires).

if youre able to find the proper 7440 socket (from the 99 tercel like i did), you just snip the socket off with a few inches of the two wires attached. then take the new socket with two new wires and splice them into your existing two wires from your original signal light. you should now have one socket that fits the 04-05, and one socket that fits in the 01-03 incase you ever want to go back. just take the bulb out of whatever one you arent using, its really easy.

and what led are you talking about?
Old 06-30-2010
Registered!!

yes, but in pasadena the pick n pull places tend to have domestic, old, n hardly ny imports, n if they do have an import it would be an older one i checked 5 today n found one civic a 1999 civic Fml i think im forced to go dealer or sum random honda OEM shop arond town i think theres like 2 or 3 in cypress. either way gonna be a lil more expensive
Old 06-30-2010
Registered!!

the smoked ones idk yet leanin on that one over the clear n "OEM" looking one
Old 06-30-2010
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

if youre going to a dealership anyway, id suggest seeing if they would get you a set of the 04-05 turn signal sockets, then youd be able to figure it out (hopefully they came with a few inches of wire attached).
Old 06-30-2010
Registered!!

aight that sounds like a plan, but hey unTuned ur blue lights on your headlights replaced the amber ones if i not mistaken, so u have blue turn signals, do u have problems with cops??
Old 07-01-2010
Registered!!

my signals are white, not blue...ive never had a problem with police though. where i live, police usually arent dicks about that kind of stuff, they have better things to do like go after criminals. the only time i know of them pulling people over for car mods is if the people are driving like complete retards, revving, racing, or just trying to be cool with blacked out windows blasting music, etc etc.

so yea ive never had a problem, but i love the leds in there.
Old 07-01-2010
Registered!!

cool cause iv seen that on a few cars n canada n texas' laws are different, i wanted to take the amber out of my head lights n change e to like a super bright blue led or sumthing like that
Old 07-01-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Why don't you just make it a nice white LED so you don't have to worry about cops on your ***?
Name:  SDC10092.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  47.9 KB

My turn signals are white with the parking lights on, flash amber when I put my turn signal/hazards on
Old 07-01-2010
Registered!!

good point
Old 07-01-2010
Registered!!

what temp hids r those?
like 8k?
Old 07-01-2010
Administrator
Administrator

55w 6000k
Old 07-01-2010
Administrator
Administrator

here's a vid of those turn signals doing their switchback thing.. those effers were kinda pricey, but they look cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PijOlCLqEc
Old 07-01-2010
Registered!!

what about your projectors the lens isent all warped or they retro?? they ddm??
Old 07-01-2010
Administrator
Administrator

DDM 55w slim ballast, DDM d2s 6000K bulbs, TSX projector retro

When I was running with a 55w H1 kit, my projectors were fine
Old 07-01-2010
Registered!!

wow vid is so sexy how they work??
Old 07-01-2010
Registered!!

oh n should i get the dual in dual out harness?
would 55w 8k look good with 55w 3.5k fogs
Old 07-02-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by EM2 Rookie
wow vid is so sexy how they work??
hell if I know, but I'm not complaining. They gave me a discount code because of a bulb mishap, so I got them for $35 shipped for the pair instead of $55 + shipping

Originally Posted by EM2 Rookie
oh n should i get the dual in dual out harness?
would 55w 8k look good with 55w 3.5k fogs
Honestly, I like my 55W 6000k's more than I liked the 55W 8000K's. Then again, I'm comparing a no-**** HID projector to a halogen H1 projector with an HID bulb

check it out: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...-new-hids.html

what do you mean by dual in dual out harness?
Old 07-02-2010
Registered!!

idk they just offer them as an accesairy
Old 07-02-2010
Registered!!

Description of Harness from
ddm.com
Use this relay harness to connect HIDs to cars with very small gauge wiring that cannot supply the initial surge current required to light the bulbs reliably. Symptoms indicating the harness is required would be intermittent starting or lights going out after being turned on for several minutes and requiring you to turn the lights off and back on for them to turn back on again.

Recommended for all 50W HID installations but most American and European cars work at 35W/50W without the harness. The harness is definitely recommended for Quad's and other ATVs or when running multiple HID installations. This harness is a fused relay isolation harness capable of supplying 40A at 12vdc.
Old 07-02-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, a relay harness. I bought one just to play it safe. Back when I had it wired up directly to the headlight harness, I had a few issues with my passenger side not lighting up all the time. I doubt I need it with my current setup because the digital (slim) ballast draws very little current when starting, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Old 07-02-2010
Registered!!

ohh ight i think ill get em so i dnt hav to worry
Old 07-02-2010
Administrator
Administrator

I figure it was only an extra $15 so why not. The wires are REALLY long.. I think some of them have at least an extra 12" of wiring. I have the relay mounted by the front SRS sensor, about where a CAI's filter would sit.
Old 07-03-2010
Registered!!

damn thats long as hellz
Old 07-03-2010
Administrator
Administrator

A foot may be a slight exaggeration, but I'll snap some pics monday if I get bored enough to do it
Old 07-03-2010
Registered!!

aight cool thanks
Old 07-06-2010
Registered!!

which OEM lookin fogs look better smoked or yellow cause i have the clear ones but i need to replace the casings on both

oh n which tails look better iDk how to make a poll.

Quick Reply: Will 04-05 tail lights work on a 02 2dr ex?