7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2'' drop, camber questions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tomster25260 is an unknown quantity at this point
2'' drop, camber questions.

So on my 01 civic sedan i put some skunk2 lowering springs which dropped it 2 inches. No the back wheels on my car are crooked. top leans more in then the bottom. Common, ik. But one of my buddy's says that i need a camber kit to fix it. My cousin who knows a lot more about cars says i need an alignment, and that the place needs to fix my camber as well by re adjusting it somehow?. I'm not sure. Any input?
Old 06-22-2010
HLC
Registered!!

HLC is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2'' drop, camber questions.

camber is the angle relative to vertical that the tire is at. in your case, you have negative camber i.e. the tires are leaning in at the top and out at the bottom. you will probably need a camber kit both for the front and rear to be able to correctly adjust for the amount of camber induced by the 2" drop. you can get the adjustment itself at most auto places like firestone or midas or w/e.
Old 06-22-2010
Registered!!

adjustment itself? so they can fix it without getting a camber get. I just got 17 '' wheels and im putting them on thursday and right after im getting an alignment because mines been bad for a while. So i could have them fix the camber a little too?
Old 06-23-2010
Registered!!

Matteo will become famous soon enough

get an Ingalls camber kit AND then an alignment. A shop could probably do both services for you in one day
Old 06-23-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

With a 2 inch drop you will need a new camber kit. Before long the one you have will go bad. So you will need one but camber like that is not always a bad thing. I have alot of guys that I know that have alot of negative camber but they are also dropped alot more. Some of my friends go for the hella flush look.

Ingalls is one of the worst camber kits you can get to the bushings like to pop out of place alot. They are cheap and good for just regular driving but if you ever try to go fast through alot of turns you will ruin it.
Old 06-23-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

You need the rears, front does not really change by much when lowering.
Old 06-23-2010
Registered!!

i should just be able to readjust the pins and isht to correct it right? if not alll the way, cant it be corrected a little bit at a shop?
Old 06-24-2010
Registered!!

02civicsi02, i hope you know this is 7th gen section

why don't recommend a better camber kit than Ingalls then...
Old 06-24-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tomster25260
i should just be able to readjust the pins and isht to correct it right? if not alll the way, cant it be corrected a little bit at a shop?
less than an inch drop gave me -1.6 degrees. do not think fiddling with the rear pins will give you much.
I use the skunk2 rear camber kit (upper arms adjustable in length) and i have to move them quite a lot to get the camber corrected.
It's not about the tire wear, i could easily correct them and some more during a day of autoX by wearing the outside of the tires.
It's just that the car is much more understeering that bothered me.
I spun the front wheels all the time in corners and ended up destroying my transmission and both front axles.
the fronts just does not have camber enough to hold agressive cornering and the rears will have just too much camber and grab the corners - fronts goes away easily.
just install rears if you going to drive in agressively. if not, leave as is and change tires more often.
Old 06-24-2010
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Your friends are right but an alignment can only fix a camber/toe problem of maximum 1 degree. I'm guessing you have more than that so you'll need to throw on a camber kit, adjust it as best you can with a level against your wheel, and then take it to a shop. Have them do an alignment and tell them to adjust the camber kit while they're in there.
Old 06-24-2010
Low and slow!

Originally Posted by Matteo
02civicsi02, i hope you know this is 7th gen section

why don't recommend a better camber kit than Ingalls then...
I know this is a 7th gen section, I have the 7th gen si lol. And I have seen alot of the ingalls camber kit mess up. All of my friends have had them and they autocross or track and the bushings have came out of them. They are only good for just daily driving.
Old 06-24-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 02civicsi02
With a 2 inch drop you will need a new camber kit. Before long the one you have will go bad. So you will need one but camber like that is not always a bad thing. I have alot of guys that I know that have alot of negative camber but they are also dropped alot more. Some of my friends go for the hella flush look.

Ingalls is one of the worst camber kits you can get to the bushings like to pop out of place alot. They are cheap and good for just regular driving but if you ever try to go fast through alot of turns you will ruin it.
i have never heard anything like that about ingalls camber kits maybe you iinstalled them incorrectly
Old 06-24-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

yes, you need a camber kit

/thread
Old 06-24-2010
Low and slow!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
i have never heard anything like that about ingalls camber kits maybe you iinstalled them incorrectly
I have never installed them and I have never owned the ingalls cause of that reason. I am also on another forum and there is alot of people that have complained about them. Alot of them bought the ingalls cause they are cheaper and everything and they go to the track and take a couple of laps and soon enough there was a noise coming from the rear and it was the camber kit. Thus the reason why I have never bought them myself. I was going to get them myself till I heard this so I am just giving a heads up. If you get them do not run them hard.
Old 06-24-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i have ingalls poly smart arms never had a problem with them.

Last edited by lowlife9; 06-24-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-25-2010
Registered!!

well idk..mine is daily driven but also hard sometimes since ive changed most of my suspension over the years lol ;p

but i dont even know of another aftermarket kit to get...like progress or something? what do your friends have now?
Old 06-25-2010
Low and slow!

There is all kinds of aftermarket camber kits. There is buddyclub, skunk2, megan racing, progress, eibach. They have tried the buddyclub, progress, and skunk2 and they say they have come out good.
Old 06-25-2010
Registered!!

just threw on those 17 rims and let me tell you. the back wheels are CLOSE to the wheel well. I mean, if the tires were a inch bigger i'd be screwed. As of now it doesn't seem the scrape. But the skunk2 springs lowered my car goofy as ever, the back end it slammed and the front looks nice?? idk why it seems so uneven. The front should have been dropped 2.25'' and back 2''. And if i get a camber kit the wheel will scrape because right now their at the perfect angle that they wont. Im thinking im just going to get eibach sport line 1.5'' drop all around and hopefully it will fix the camber enough where its not terribly noticeable like it is now and then i wont have to worry about the tires as much.
Old 06-25-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

lol. That's in the back. No rubbing issues.

p.s. just get the camber kit.