7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

New brakes/rotors

Old 06-16-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amishman22 is on a distinguished road
New brakes/rotors

Hey all,
just found out I need new brakes and rotors but was advised to stay away from picking them up fromanywhere local because they're apparently cheaply made at autozone and those places. I was just wondering who makes the best brakes/rotors for our 7th gen and where's the best place to find them. Thanks all.
Old 06-16-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New brakes/rotors

Hawk Pads and Brembo Blanks seem to be the combo of choice. I haven't gone with that combo yet, but I've heard nothing but good things

Pads: http://www.thmotorsports.com/hawk/ha...0/i-55360.aspx
Rotors: http://www.thmotorsports.com/brembo/.../i-126949.aspx
Old 06-16-2010
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

I did the hawk brembo setup and the hawk pads were great but the brembos were toast after a year and a half. Now I have hawk and some prostop brand that Pep boys sells and the braking is amazing. So I wouldn't rule out autozone rotors. Def get a quality pad though.
Old 06-16-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

After a year? Really? How hard did you drive it? Just curious because I was thinking about doing the hawk/brembo setup here soon
Old 06-17-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

http://www.dezod.com/pd-dezod-motors...nomy-brake.cfm
Old 06-17-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

I have hawk pads and power slotted rotors and they work great.
Old 06-17-2010
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

wagner thermo-quiets are great. thats what i use. they are durable, very quiet, and they also produce next to no brake dust.
Old 06-17-2010
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

I drive aggressive but not that hard I don't think. I have not auto crossed or anything so I was surprised the rotors were done that quickly. The braking was excellent though up until they started to go.
Old 06-17-2010
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

I went with Bomer's BBK, well worth the Money http://www.***********.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17464
Old 06-17-2010
Administrator
Administrator

7thgen honda (in lieu of the ******, minus the space) for those that dont know.

I don't have 125 posts on that forum..
Old 06-17-2010
Remebers the old days

CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light

Hawk and powerslot rotors and love them. great stopping at the track and on the street and they seem to last for a long time.
Old 06-17-2010
Registered!!

PurpCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
I did the hawk brembo setup and the hawk pads were great but the brembos were toast after a year and a half. Now I have hawk and some prostop brand that Pep boys sells and the braking is amazing. So I wouldn't rule out autozone rotors. Def get a quality pad though.
I did that same combination after a year in a half they were gone
Old 06-17-2010
Registered!!

PurpCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amishman22
Hey all,
just found out I need new brakes and rotors but was advised to stay away from picking them up fromanywhere local because they're apparently cheaply made at autozone and those places. I was just wondering who makes the best brakes/rotors for our 7th gen and where's the best place to find them. Thanks all.
Autozone do give u life time warranty on the same car
But haven't tried it tho
Old 06-17-2010
Pistol grip pump in my lap at all times

mr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the rough

I still got stock brakes, but I replaced the rotors with R1 concepts drilled and slotted ones, and they are great!!!
Old 06-19-2010
Registered!!

Gold Ghost has a spectacular aura aboutGold Ghost has a spectacular aura about

i have the hawk pads an the power slot plus rotors. the rotors r kinda pricey but r worth every cent. they r a bigger rotor. 12.2 to the stock 10 inch. install was a bitch cuz the brackets had to b modified a bit but nothin crazy.