7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

just getting my facts str8

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PurpCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
just getting my facts str8

Hey guys haven't been on for a while now. Been having issues with the car. Got the famous head gasket problem and more. I been jumping from forum to forum and it gets annoying how ever body keeps getting on our generation. But all I keep seeing is go k or go home and so far I seen an h series. That's a whole lot better then our d series. But seeing I don't have k money should I just go h or do a different swap. Or fix it lol help a fellow bro
Old 05-30-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: just getting my facts str8

7Th gen H swap is a nightmare. There is no support for it whatsoever. I'm sure it's been done but I doubt you will find help in doing it. You'd have to custom fab mounts and everything. It will probably in the end cost you just as much as a K swap just because of all the custom work required. I say fix your D series and keep driving it It may not be a fast engine but it's still a good one.
Old 05-30-2010
Registered!!

lol thanks i just needed some help into what i should do was looking at other series just so i can get an idea but now my issue is my car overheated so im hoping the block didnt melt in heard like a clink noise or like something dropping when i gased it so i parked the car and it didnt start so a couple days later it did so right now im hearing my issue is the head gasket if anyone knows help me out thanks
Old 05-30-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

What are your symptoms? Just overheating?
Old 05-30-2010
Registered!!

So far that's what I see and it,use to drip oil but I changed out the fan switched flushed the radiator and changed the thermometer
Old 05-30-2010
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

So it still overheats after you changed the fan switch, flushed the rad, and changed the thermostat? Do your fans turn on at all? With the car running turn your AC on and see if the fans come on. With the car cold, open the rad cap and check to see if there is coolant up to the top.
Old 05-30-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

check your oil. If it looks like a milkshake, then you got coolant leaking into your oil --> blown HG
Old 05-30-2010
Registered!!

grendel has a spectacular aura aboutgrendel has a spectacular aura about

swap in a K!

I'm kidding

Good luck!
Old 05-30-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Lol, no you're not
Old 06-04-2010
Registered!!

Seen some good ones but I might get an ep3 as a donor
But the problem should be solve soon hopefully got my neighbor with his STI to help out
Old 06-05-2010
Administrator
Administrator

any verdict on why your car was acting funky?
Old 06-05-2010
Registered!!

Like everyone said it was the head gasket but the oil wasnt milk shake except in the radiator even though there is another trick to see your gasket blew if it bubbles thro the radiator
Old 06-06-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Yea bubbles in the coolant is a good way to check. There is also a method where you actually test those bubbles to see if its air getting in or exhaust. It's a pretty neat test. When my head gasket blew I had no white smoke coming out of the exhaust, no white on the rad cap, and the car ran like brand new still.
Old 06-08-2010
Registered!!

ExistEvolution is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tbohar
Yea bubbles in the coolant is a good way to check. There is also a method where you actually test those bubbles to see if its air getting in or exhaust. It's a pretty neat test. When my head gasket blew I had no white smoke coming out of the exhaust, no white on the rad cap, and the car ran like brand new still.
called a block test, you have a vile like cylinder that has blue liquid (i'm not sure what chemical it is) but you hold it over the radiator fill hole with cap off and if it changes the color of the liquid then you have exhaust gas in your cooling system =]