7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

No clutch pressure

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gold Ghost has a spectacular aura aboutGold Ghost has a spectacular aura about
No clutch pressure

the other day i was driving an when i would start out at a light the clutch would go down but not come up. i was able to pull it up with my foot an it would work fine for a while. it did this randomly for 2 days then it went down an when i picked it up it just fell down. i have no pressure at all. i swaped the slave cylinder an bled the clutch. still no pressure. today i changed the clutch master cly an bled it. still no clutch pressure. i checked all the lines i cannot find a leak anywhere. the arm that comes out of the tranny an hooks to the slave isnt moving at all. im beatin myself over the head with this. just a fyi my car is a 01 civic ex coupe. i would b grateful for any ideas on this thanks guys
Old 05-28-2010
Registered!!

ondalow01 has a spectacular aura aboutondalow01 has a spectacular aura about
Re: No clutch pressure

Damm dude.. idk, you've pretty much checked out what should of been the problem.. did you check the spring and things that are attached to your pedal, that would be my last thought on the clutch not engaging.. i know that my buddies car wouldn't go into gear before because his clutch disk had broken springs, but idk about your pedal problem. good luck.
Old 05-28-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely a lack of pressure from somewhere. How are you bleeding the lines?
Old 05-29-2010
Registered!!

yea i checked the spring but im gunna idiot check it again. when we did the slave we were pumpin the clutch an then my buddy got a rubber hose an was suckin the fluid through. talk bout friends! his *** was sick for 3 days. then when i did the master we pumped the pedal for 45 min. the fluid was comin outta the bleeder on the slave nicely. im gunna replace the clutch lines for ***** an giggles this week. my buddy said the fingers on the pressure plate could have popped out. or it could b the clutch pivot ball. the clutch an pressure plate have 1000 miles on em an are a competition clutch stage 2 kit. i never heard of anybody havein isssues wit them. i cant c it bein in the trans like he said cuz there is no pressure. even wit the pedal at the floor if i start the car i cant get it in gear. but not started it goes in fine. on a bright note i was offered a k20a3 long block for FREEE!!! the only catch is that i gotta drive to north carolina to my buddies marine base. thanks for the help guys
Old 05-29-2010
HLC
Registered!!

HLC is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^ that scares me, i just installed my stage 2 comp clutch yesterday
Old 05-29-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

a 10 hour drive isn't bad for a free k20a3.. Make a weekend trip out of it.. just sayin..
Old 05-29-2010
Registered!!

Crutcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Try removing the slave from the tranny and bleeding it while holding the lines vertical. Hold the slave cyl up, that way any bubbles can make it to the top while you're bleeding. Had the same problem after putting in my stage 2 (But I disconnected my pressure lines -.-). Took me a month to figure it out after changing master and slave and all the lines, come to find out i just wasn't bleeding it right. FML. So hopefully you can learn from my mistakes :P
Old 05-29-2010
Registered!!

wow i didnt no that holding the slave vertically could make a differance. thanks once i find a way to where my car is i will try that
Old 05-29-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I never had to do that when bleeding my clutch but anything is worth a shot at this point
Old 05-29-2010
Registered!!

once again its raining here in the toilet of the country. i hate northeast pa. there goes my plans for fixin the civic today. anyway does anyone think that idea bout the clutch pivot ball or the fingers poppin outta the pressure plate?
Old 05-29-2010
Registered!!

once again its raining here in the toilet of the country. i hate northeast pa. there goes my plans for fixin the civic today. anyway does anyone think that idea bout the clutch pivot ball or the fingers poppin outta the pressure plate could b a possibility. the guy who told me is a nissan guy so im hesitant to trust him lmao. disregared the post above this. my neice hit my key bored

Last edited by Gold Ghost; 05-29-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 06-07-2010
Registered!!

well heres small update. the vic has been in the shop since thursday afternoon. i spoke to the guy today an he said they r workin on it between jobs an have spent like an hr on it. they have zero clue y i have no pedal.
Old 06-08-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of light

I have not taken a look at the slave cylinder on a Civic but I have seen other cars where it is possible to mount the cylinder upside down. If the line from the master cylinder is higher than the bleeder valve, there will be an air pocket. The bleeder valve should be at the top or highest point of the cylinder so all the air is removed.
Old 06-08-2010
Registered!!

well its fixed they had to take the whole line apart an the salve an master an bench bleed it. im just glad to have it back
Old 06-15-2010
Registered!!

irish bugg is an unknown quantity at this point

this has happened to me twice now its your clutch master cylinder against the firewall is blown out its like a $125 at autozone change that and your pivot ball a $5 part from your dealer you have to pull the trans to get to the ball. word of advice if you have the cheese is to change your clutch and throw out bearing as well that bad pivot ball cost be $2000 fried two masters and two throw outs and a stage 2 clutch! pm me if you have any other questions about em2's ive replaced everything on mine allready... oh wait not the seats there origanal!
Old 08-08-2010
Registered!!

D17cancun is an unknown quantity at this point

So guys which was the solution for this issue???

Im having exactly the same and they have my car on the hondae dealer

plese post me or send a pm
Old 08-08-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by D17cancun
So guys which was the solution for this issue???

Im having exactly the same and they have my car on the hondae dealer

plese post me or send a pm
Originally Posted by Gold Ghost
well its fixed they had to take the whole line apart an the salve an master an bench bleed it. im just glad to have it back
That's why I posted "you have to bench bleed the slave and master cylinders thoroughly" in your thread..

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 08-08-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-08-2010
Registered!!

D17cancun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xriceboyx
that's why i posted "you have to bench bleed the slave and master cylinders thoroughly" in your thread. But i guess my input doesn't mean ****..
sorry man
im working alot of work so i dont read well hahahaha

and my english is not workin

my bad riceboy

but anyway ill will tel this tips to the guys on the dealer