7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

No Heat / DTC 8 / Air Mix Control Doesn't Operate Fully

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rvaslacker is an unknown quantity at this point
No Heat / DTC 8 / Air Mix Control Doesn't Operate Fully

So, I installed an OEM keyless entry module in my 03 LX, but I didn't have the wiring harness so I had to use quick taps to attach the constant wire (white/red) to the stereo harness. Everything works great, but when I put everything back together I neglected to connect the harness to the vent control *****. (I attached the upper harness, but forgot about the lower one...)

After double checking all the harnesses I tried everything again, and both the fan speed and control ***** function properly, but the hot/cold **** doesn't do anything. I ran the self diagnostic, and I'm getting DTC #8 - A short in the air mix control motor circuit.

*update*

I took a look under the dash and when I turn the temp control **** all the way to either hot or cold, I can see the mechanism that opens the door move, but it doesn't go completely to the "hot" position. I'm thinking it might have been a coincidence that this happened with the keyless install, but I'm still not sure what to do next. Does anyone know more about the air mix control motor?

Also, sorry, I just noticed that I didn't post this in the correct forum. I'll refrain from starting a new thread in case a mod wants to move this for me later.

Last edited by rvaslacker; 05-26-2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Update
Old 05-26-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rvaslacker is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: No Heat / DTC 8 / Air Mix Control Doesn't Operate Fully

I've uploaded a video of what's happening under the dash. In the video I cycle it from cold to hot, then repeat.

Video