7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

what's the best suspension for a 2002 civic?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Polski Dan has a spectacular aura aboutPolski Dan has a spectacular aura aboutPolski Dan has a spectacular aura about
what's the best suspension for a 2002 civic?

Just looking around..... for the best prices, if anyone can help really appreciate it.
Old 05-19-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: what's the best suspension for a 2002 civic?

do you just wanna be lowered?

do you want adjustablility? if so, do you want both height and dampering?
Old 05-19-2010
Registered!!

Polski Dan has a spectacular aura aboutPolski Dan has a spectacular aura aboutPolski Dan has a spectacular aura about

Well i do have springs that make the car lowered about 1.5 in just need to buy now shocks/struts.... any suggestions?
Old 05-19-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

those blues you were asking about in the other thread will do you well.
Old 05-19-2010
Registered!!

They wont blow will they? I mean they were around 400 dollars soo just asking....
Old 05-19-2010
Administrator
Administrator

I had blue with a 1.3/1.4" drop front/rear. You'll be fine. They can handle up to a 2" drop.
Old 05-19-2010
Administrator
Administrator

What kinda springs do you have right now?
Old 05-19-2010
Registered!!

thanks a lot.....
Old 05-19-2010
Registered!!

I got megan racing springs......
Old 05-19-2010
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...g-springs.html

In that thread, there's a picture of an 04-05 sedan with that particular setup (blues & megan springs)
Old 05-19-2010
Registered!!

Yes, when i did buy the springs i looked at a lot of reviews and maybe 4 out of 5 were good so i decided to buy. Thanks a lot really appreciate it
Old 05-19-2010
Administrator
Administrator

No problem man. Glad I could help.

dezod.com prolly has the best price for the blues. Awesome vendor
Old 05-19-2010
Registered!!

Actually i found some fairly cheep....... i think it was about $385 with shipping for all 4.....Cheapest i found online
Old 05-19-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Wow.. where at? That's a damn good price
Old 05-19-2010
Registered!!

Yes i did my research, and the website is www.weaponspeed.com, i did the ups ground.... said it would come 5-7 days came in 3 so very good. Fast and reliable
Old 05-19-2010
Administrator
Administrator

oh yea, don't forget a camber kit.. it'll save your wheels and help with suspension performance.
Old 05-19-2010
Registered!!

was thinking about that, whats the worst that can happen if they not put in?
Old 05-19-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Increased inner tire wear and (I think) increased understeer.. Don't quote me on that second one though.
Old 05-19-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you buy new tires every 6 months
Old 05-19-2010
Registered!!

Dangggg, i guess i need to get on that.... need a 3rd job for this stuff if you no what i mean. Thanks gearbox
Old 05-19-2010
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.dezod.com/pd_ingalls.cfm

What's another $130 to save your tires, right?
Old 05-19-2010
Registered!!

yeahhh true that,found one for 100 dollars....... anything else need to buy... or on your guys minds?
Old 05-20-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Hm.. You have the springs. Struts on order. Camber kit being looked in to. I think you're pretty well set for now until you decide to start upgrading more.
Old 05-20-2010
Registered!!

yeahhhh got struts, just waiting on the camber kit.. thanks a lot bro really appreciate it......
Old 05-20-2010
Administrator
Administrator

I'm glad to help people that are willing to take input from older members to heart.
Old 05-20-2010
Registered!!

Gold Ghost has a spectacular aura aboutGold Ghost has a spectacular aura about

im runnin Progress technology springs and kyb gr2 struts/shocks. an they work great. def invest in camber kits!!! just slightly off topic the best thing i have dun to my suspension so far has been the eibach front an rear sway bars. they r a sob to do but 100% worth it. so much more control.
Old 05-20-2010
Administrator
Administrator

what's the size on those sway bars?
Old 05-20-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,441 Likes on 1,197 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

I ditched them, too much understeer for my tastes. Now run only progress rear sway and front stock.
I believe fronts were close to 1" and rears were a tad bit larger than the stock, but had 2 holes for adjustability. even in hard holes, stock front sway, KYB AGX cranked all the way up in rear and all the way down in the fronts, it still kept going close to staright in autoX runs. Since them rear camber kit and now the rear progress bar, and i can crank the dshocks up in front and rears down for better spring control. Soooo. Camber in the rears higher than fronts will make rear grip. Front struts does not change camber when compressed, so will loose grip. Front sway too stiff and you will have lots of load transfer and tires will just give. that makes the car go straight in corners at limit (AKA understeer).
So, yes, rear camber kit is good (if you align correctly), sways is better to upgrade just rears.
However, if you do too much of this, instead of going straight you will spin everyplace, so learn good driving skills before going overboard!
Old 05-21-2010
Registered!!

Gold Ghost has a spectacular aura aboutGold Ghost has a spectacular aura about

i wanna say the front is 22 or 24 mm an the rear is 19. i have the rear on the tightest setting an the car is amazing. its so much tighter.gotta watch though the rear likes to come around a little if u turn to hard but no power steering helps there. but less body roll an tight cornering is great like i said b4 they r a bitch to install.
Old 05-21-2010
HLC
Registered!!

HLC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
I ditched them, too much understeer for my tastes. Now run only progress rear sway and front stock.
I believe fronts were close to 1" and rears were a tad bit larger than the stock, but had 2 holes for adjustability. even in hard holes, stock front sway, KYB AGX cranked all the way up in rear and all the way down in the fronts, it still kept going close to staright in autoX runs. Since them rear camber kit and now the rear progress bar, and i can crank the dshocks up in front and rears down for better spring control. Soooo. Camber in the rears higher than fronts will make rear grip. Front struts does not change camber when compressed, so will loose grip. Front sway too stiff and you will have lots of load transfer and tires will just give. that makes the car go straight in corners at limit (AKA understeer).
So, yes, rear camber kit is good (if you align correctly), sways is better to upgrade just rears.
However, if you do too much of this, instead of going straight you will spin everyplace, so learn good driving skills before going overboard!
um sorry but no. the only suspension configuration that does not change camber under driving conditions is a solid axle. the front struts definately change camber. what happens when you jack the car up or lower it w/o a camber kit?

Quick Reply: what's the best suspension for a 2002 civic?