7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Have hi beams but no low beams

Old 05-19-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gold Ghost has a spectacular aura aboutGold Ghost has a spectacular aura about
Have hi beams but no low beams

Hey folks new to this forum but have owned my 01 civic ex for like 4 years. Any way my hi beams work but not the lows. i had tyc projectors that converted to a h1 buld for 2 years but went back to stock cuz my ex took the harnesses. a local shop says it could b the head light switch. he says they get damaged by hi powered bulbs. anybody have an idea? im gunna swap the headlight swtich anyway but just want some other opinions. cops dun like when u drive wit ur hi beams on.
Old 05-20-2010
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Have hi beams but no low beams

Check you vin for recalls, http://owners.honda.com/recalls

I know theres a recall for 01 civic that high beams work but not low beams. My car had the same issue and it was fixed by Honda for free
Old 05-20-2010
Registered!!

wow no i never thought of that. thanks. would it matter that the car is so old an im not the original owner?
Old 05-20-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

it wouldn't hurt to ask a dealership. The worst they can say is they're gonna charge you for it.
Old 05-20-2010
Registered!!

this is tru. im gunna try that link midnightcivic gave me then worst case i will go to the dealership. this 01 is a giant pile of electrical issues.
Old 05-20-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I tried to go to the dealership for the squeaky clutch TSB.. they told me that since my car was out of warranty, they'd (or I would.. forgot) have to contact the district manager or something to see if they'd do a "good faith" fix.. I didn't wanna deal with that, so I used the TSB fix guide and did it myself.
Old 05-20-2010
Registered!!

haha dang bro. mitsu taught me never to trust a dealership. i had a brand nu lancer that i got so screwed on by the dealer i ended up losin the car. my civic is nuttin but trouble but i love it. it will b wit me till the body rusts off.
Old 05-20-2010
Administrator
Administrator

haha.. yea.. The only time I ever go to the dealership was for parts or free service
Old 05-20-2010
Registered!!

we got one of the largest dealerships on the east coast like a mile from my apt. u think the freakin idiots could awnser a phone? i guess im askin to much to pick up the phone
Old 05-20-2010
Administrator
Administrator

hahahaha wtf

drive the mile down there and kick them in the *****.. or cooter.. whatever's applicable.
Old 05-20-2010
Registered!!

i would but my civic is down. i got muddy brown fliud an tiny bits of rubber in my clutch res. i swaped the slave cly out an tomarrow im doin the clutch master cly. i bled like 4 qts of fluid through the slave after i swaped it an i still have no pedal pressure.
Old 05-20-2010
Registered!!

hahaha the honda chick gave it to me under the recall. yay! lol she says to me we can fix ur air bag recall as well i laughed an she says wuts funny i said u will c when u get my civic. she said is it the gold one wit the carbon hood? haha sik im notorious!
Old 05-20-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

if its a recall, dealer must fix no matter how old the car. headlight switch is a recall, not tsb.
Old 05-20-2010
Administrator
Administrator

gotcha
Old 05-20-2010
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

I saw one of the recall kits used a while back, it includes a new switch and a single terminal pin and short length of wire.
Old 05-20-2010
Registered!!

yea i never dealt with a recall b4. plus the dealership here is known for dickin ppl. like my buddy who paid cash for a nu evo 9 drove it a mile down the road had the intercooler rupture an got it towed back with in an hr an was told its from abuse. they refused to help him. total fail. now its a 11.1 sec evo lol. this is y i buy honda
Old 05-22-2010
Registered!!

carter is an unknown quantity at this point

Your relay maybe the probably if your running HID.
Old 05-22-2010
Registered!!

my hids r in the driver seat waitin for install. it goes to the dealer next friday after that i will install the hid. i dug my stock housings an bulbs outta storage to go to the dealer. thanks for the input though