7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Gauge cluster swap help

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T355 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Gauge cluster swap help

Hi All,

Like other people here I am tired of my VP style gauge cluster on my 05' Coupe VP. So I bought a 2005 EX cluster of Ebay with the tachometer.

I have looked through the other cluster swap threads but I am looking some more clear answer for a couple questions I have.

Is the cluster just plug and play or am I going to have to repin the connections?

Is there going to be any warning lights that stay on in the new cluster? For example, since my car doesn't have ABS is the ABS light going to remain lit? If so is there anyway to stop the light from staying on?

The new gauges have 65k on them but my car only has 43k, there isn't a way to correct the new gauges to actual mileage right?

I realize the cluster swap issue has been discussed here many times before, just looking for a more definite responses to this particular case.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-18-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gauge cluster swap help

its plug and play, as far as the connectors fitting, but the pins must be rewired. you need to ground the abs wire from the cluster to the chassis to turn the light off. there are a few shops that will adjust the odometer, but it usually costs $150 which is more than the cluster is worth. its easier to find a cluster with matching mileage. if youre like me and want it installed right away, just mark down and keep track of your original mileage so that later if you come across another cluster, you can get one with the correct miles and swap it in.
Old 05-18-2010
Registered!!

Thanks for the reply.
I do want to install in pretty soon, so I will have find the repin diagram around here somewhere again. So in order to turn off any warning lights that may remain lit because my car doesn't have that option (abs, side air bags, etc...) I just need to ground the wire and it will turn it off?
Old 05-18-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

just for the abs. the side airbag will not come on if you do not have side airbags. i dont think there are any other lights that would stay on.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...faq-video.html
Old 05-18-2010
Registered!!

Ok, Thanks.
Just got done reading that whole thread. Didnt see it the first time around. Lots of helpful stuff in there.