7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Aftermarket Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hondaguy89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Aftermarket Headlights

Today while washing my car, I noticed one of the headlights was completely filled with condensation and now (about 3 hours later) still is. This is not really that bad of news considering I have wanted to replace the headlights with some aftermarket ones, but couldnt justify spending the money to do so.

I would like to get some that look almost stock, but dark. I know a lot of people say the aftermarket ones dont have the integrity that the stock ones do. So what brands should I look for and which should I stay away from?
Old 04-28-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Aftermarket Headlights

most after market headlight will also leak i would suggest to reseal your stock ones.
Old 04-28-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

and disassemble the lights to paint it
Old 04-28-2010
Registered!!

Well, they also are developing the hazy yellowish exterior, as well as just appearing worn. I know that the haze could be "fixed", but id rather not put that much trouble into lamps that are 8 years old. So thats why I ask if there are any decent brands out there.
Old 04-28-2010
Registered!!

What if I was to buy aftermarket headlights, and put extra sealer on them before installing? Wouldn't have any problems then right?
Old 04-28-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

unfortunately aftermarket lights does not have good light output, you are better on lightning with OEM. Search the forum, there are lots and lots of threads about it. My Anzo USA projectors does not illuminate as well. look for HID type replacement - i saw some in a honda dealer not long ago.
Start reading from this forum instead of here.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/102-lighting

Last edited by sdaidoji; 04-28-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-28-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

yea, aftermarket projectors will have a much narrower beam pattern..

here's a set of TYC Projector headlights with HIDs installed in them ---> here's what they look like
Name:  SDC13101.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  62.2 KB

But, if you do want to get aftermarket headlights, do run an extra bead of silicone adhesive sealant and you should be fine.
Old 04-28-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

even aftermarket "oem" style headlamps have terrible output. so i suggest fixing up the stock lights. open them up, dry out all the water, then add more butyl sealer around the inside channels where the oem goo is already. you can get replacement buytl on a roll (3M windoweld) for around $20 at auto store. you will need to do this with any aftermarket light too because they never put enough in at the factory so they leak. then get a $5 polish and clean up the yellow haze on the lens.
Old 05-03-2010
Registered!!

krarnold is an unknown quantity at this point

I have some Black housing projector lights. Actually, I thought that they lit up better than stock, IMO. But, I cannot keep bright lights working, and that sucks. But what sucks more than that, is that my lens are plastic and not glass. They are dingy and yellow now, but it is on the inside. I guess from the lights making too much heat, or bad design. I now have to pull those apart and see if I can fix it. If not, stock ones are going back on there. I have heard that if you take the stock ones apart, you can paint anything that isn't shiny chrome. Has anyone else heard this?
Old 05-03-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you can.. Paint only the little bezel piece though, not the reflector. You kinda need that to be shiny.

Most people paint the bezel piece black to look like this (found this on ebay)
Old 07-18-2011
Registered!!

nicko is an unknown quantity at this point

I use to try a lot of head brands out there and unquestionably the best brand I used and now at all times use it halos/ angel eyes they appear to not fog up and doesn%u2019t faded in sun like the others. I like angel eyes that's I'll I run at this time they are the first place head lights even all my friends agree as we all use them. its lasting quality and of course looks even good, that is not a factor for you just put for the great aftermarket headlights just don't get a cheap brand from online and e-commerce site. Actually I use mine for almost 4 years and there is scratches and damages. Quality is as good as when I bought it.