7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Decide for me

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rhymeboy89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Decide for me

Ok so I bought a 02 civic ex and was looking to really put some work into it. However after putting a good amount of money into just fixing the suspension I have come to realize that it will never be as smooth as i thought it could be. (thought it was the car but all lowered cars hit bumps horribly)

My question now is it worth it to still go about doing a k swap and other fixes to a daily driver em2 that will be a bumpy *** ride or should i just finish cleaning it up and sell it to buy a newer car?

I understand this is a em2 lovers forum but idk how many of you have a second car for daily driving but I don't. I still want a car that is fast and can look hot.

Second question is if you say get a different car then what car? I was thinking a 350z cause I would figure it would ride like a g35 and at the same time not too many people own it contrary to a g35. Has anyone had any experience with a 350z in accordance to the ride quality. I live in NY and would like to be able to drive to the city without having to worry about every part of the street.
Old 03-27-2010
Registered!!

information should not be trusted
Re: Decide for me

how can u say all lowered cars ride horribly ? U dont even have bumpstops on your tokicos. upgrade to coilovers , or tokico d spec
Old 03-27-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, a stock civic is about as good of a daily driver as you can get. Not only is it good on gas, it looks pretty good. The only problem with it, is that it's slow. A K swap costs upwards of 8000+ dollars to do properly, so it's not really worth it unless you have lots of money hanging around. You can always turbo your D for much less but it's a finicky process and it's hard to do it right. If I had 8000 for a swap I'd probably get a new car, to tell you the truth. The ONLY way I'd swap a K is if I completely blew the engine on the civic and HAD to replace it.

Originally Posted by information
how can u say all lowered cars ride horribly ? U dont even have bumpstops on your tokicos. upgrade to coilovers , or tokico d spec
I think a stock EM2 is a pretty bumpy ride, I can just imagine what it rides like lowered or with some big rims on it. Mine is stock height and it rattles like crazy now, I wouldn't be able to stand the noise the car made if the bumps got a little worse.

Last edited by BlueEM2; 03-27-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-27-2010
Registered!!

i say that all lowered cars (or at least older lowered cars) ride horribly because i rode in my friends sti which has coilovers and probably some of the best parts on it atm because him and his father work on cars all the time doing swaps, turbos, etc rides only slightly better. The bumps are still loud on his sti. Bump stops or coilovers is not gunna make my car ride how g35 rides even tho g35 is pretty low to the ground and rides on like 17 inch rims.

Now if you are saying I'm wrong then please tell me what mods make our civics ride like g35. Other then that i most definitely will be cleaning and selling this car because putting like 10k for the swap i could sell mine for maybe 5k plus the 10k and buy a 350z.
Old 03-27-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

get air bags or chang the spring rates for something more comfortable.
Old 03-27-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

More comfortable = less performance though... or is there something in between?
Old 03-28-2010
Registered!!

Keepitmovin is an unknown quantity at this point

Not worth the money on an 8 year old vic imo. A couple grand into a decent suspension set up,exterior styling and some I.C.E is as far as I would go.

If you've got enough bank to afford a 350 then why *** with an 02 civic...... unless your a 7th gen enthusiast - which you clearly are not. Do some research on cars you like on edmunds.com or sites like that and get real reviews and comparisons, GL.
Old 03-28-2010
Registered!!

Actually I was a enthusiast for the body style since i was a kid but now that I'm older and have to pay for my own cars so economically its not the smartest move to do the swap. And I don't have the money for a z yet but with a lil saving I could have it in another half a year. I know thats a long time and other cars might become a better deal but always good to have goals right? lol ^^
Old 03-28-2010
HLC
Registered!!

HLC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rhymeboy89
i say that all lowered cars (or at least older lowered cars) ride horribly because i rode in my friends sti which has coilovers and probably some of the best parts on it atm because him and his father work on cars all the time doing swaps, turbos, etc rides only slightly better. The bumps are still loud on his sti. Bump stops or coilovers is not gunna make my car ride how g35 rides even tho g35 is pretty low to the ground and rides on like 17 inch rims.

Now if you are saying I'm wrong then please tell me what mods make our civics ride like g35. Other then that i most definitely will be cleaning and selling this car because putting like 10k for the swap i could sell mine for maybe 5k plus the 10k and buy a 350z.
LOLOLOL. looks like ur misinformed. g35s are not some amazing "best ride of all time car". you should not be trying to make a civic into a g35, you should be trying to make the civic ride exactly how you want it. i don't see how 350z's are cooler or rarer than g35s.
Old 03-29-2010
Registered!!

ExistEvolution is on a distinguished road

cars that ride like cadilacs are not performance, personally i like feeling every bump in the road, why i like my factory suspension, allthough i wish it was an inch or so lower