7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Driving lights, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aero528 is an unknown quantity at this point
Driving lights, anyone?

I've been looking into driving lights for quite a while, and have decided on a pair of Hella 500FF's. These would mainly be for back roads/gravel, I need the light. Have any of you guys ever seen driving lights on civics? Besides usability, this is also kinda the look I'm going for(rally-ish, nothing big, just mud flaps, lights, maybe some rims/rally tires). I've never seen a civic done up this way. I'm looking for mounting ideas, mainly. Any ideas on where to mount them? I'm thinking of mounting them in front of the grill, from the radiator support. I have also thought about mounting from the sunroof somehow(the higher the better). Any ideas/contributions will be appreciated. I'll post pics when I get them mounted, if anyone is interested.

--Chris
Old 03-24-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Driving lights, anyone?

i do not have any pics, but ive seen a few guys around here that have em mounted just below the upper grill. im not sure if you want the big look of the driving light or just want more light. if its more light, there are much cleaner and easier ways to upgrade lighting without going with huge driving lamp assemblies. including getting some good driving lights in the fog lamp position. hella makes excellent hid driving lights that are very small and fit in that area in place of the oem fog reflector.
Old 03-24-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aero528 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am looking for that kind of look, so I like the idea of the 500's. They are much, much cheaper than the HID's anyways. The problem with the fog lamp position(I thought about hella FF75's down there) is that it's pretty low for driving lights, though great for fogs. Thanks for the ideas, though.
Old 04-04-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sentbacktothesu is an unknown quantity at this point

I had these cheap wal-mart driving lights on my car for a while Helped out alot