7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What can it be???

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kryngle is an unknown quantity at this point
What can it be???

Hey y'all. I'm wondering if anybody can help me solve this issue. I have done a search and no luck what so ever. I have a 2001 Acura EL Civic EX) and over the years I have notice that my power lock had started to act up. It has reach the point where if I am sittin in the car and want to unlock all 4 doors it will not work BUT I can lock all 4 doors no problem. If I use the key to open and close the door by inserting it in the door or by keyless entry, it works as well. What can be the problem for this issue. It really is annoying now. Before it completely stopped workin, it would have moments where I can open for a few days and then BOOM, it wont work. I just dunno what to do. Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-21-2010
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: What can it be???

When using the keyless, does the lock **** seem to move slower than others ?? My passenger side started getting slower over time it also made noises. The pulse when using the keyless is pretty short in duration and makes a bad actuator show problems. Mine would work fast for a while if you cycled it several times, then would slow again after setting over night.

Most likely the actuator.
Old 03-21-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kryngle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What can it be???

Originally Posted by CraigW
When using the keyless, does the lock **** seem to move slower than others ?? My passenger side started getting slower over time it also made noises. The pulse when using the keyless is pretty short in duration and makes a bad actuator show problems. Mine would work fast for a while if you cycled it several times, then would slow again after setting over night.

Most likely the actuator.

Nope, all is at the same speed. The only noise I hear is from the driver side door when I lock all four doors using the switch. You hear some squeeling sound but goes away after. If it is the actuator, how much is that part??? I just wanna make sure I can at least narrow it down before makin any attempts on fixin this.