7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Installed car stereo and now my defrost/AC buttons won't work?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010
CTP
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTP is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Installed car stereo and now my defrost/AC buttons won't work?

Hey guys,

I just had my stock stereo replaced and now my three buttons with the circulating air (?), AC and back window defroster won't work... I'm not sure if having the stereo replace had anything to do with it but it was working perfectly fine prior to the installation. My friend installed it for me (he works with cars everyday). Please help me, do you think it'll be an easy fix or should I contact an auto repair shop?

p.s. I have an 04 if that helps haha
Old 02-23-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Installed car stereo and now my defrost/AC buttons won't work?

Make sure the plugs are plugged in. It is likely that when he removed the climate control/stereo cluster that he forgot to plug that harness back in.
Old 02-23-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

same thing happened to my 04 but it was just the lights that went out they stll worked.
Old 02-24-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

do all 3 buttons not work at all? or are the little orange lights on them just not working?

if they completely dont work, maybe he never plugged them back in (theres a connector at the back that you have to unplug when you want to install a stereo, maybe he just forgot to connect it).

if they all work, but the little orange lights dont, thats a problem that happens to some people, it even happened to me when i installed my first stereo (but only on one of the three lights). i just gave my dash two small hammer fist punches and believe it or not, the light actually turned back on and ive never had a problem since.