7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Help me decide a tint

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FrankMazzarella is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help me decide a tint

Hey i have a 2004 civic lx sedan galpagos green in color and i want to tint the windows. i want a consistent percentage all around because i feel different levens of tint dont look good. I can concerned laws and night driving.

I want a tint that is dark but not soo dark that you cant see inside, as well as not ben bothered by police/passing inspection.

Also, i was wondering if a tiny would dramatically impact night driving.

thank you for your suggestions, will post pic after tint is applied.
Old 02-17-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help me decide a tint

35 percent is the perfect compromise. not too dark at night, not too light during the day. thats what i have and i hardly notice any difference at night. i can still see just fine from the sides.
Old 02-17-2010
Registered!!

PineappleMan is an unknown quantity at this point

And that 35 would be for all four side windows and the rear window, correct?

Sorry, I'm just really interested in this as well :P
Old 02-17-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
35 percent is the perfect compromise. not too dark at night, not too light during the day. thats what i have and i hardly notice any difference at night. i can still see just fine from the sides.
Thanks for the reply. I looked online and I think 35 is a tad to light for me. I might do 30 all around 5 windows. Not decided yet....
Old 02-17-2010
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FrankMazzarella
Thanks for the reply. I looked online and I think 35 is a tad to light for me. I might do 30 all around 5 windows. Not decided yet....
I suggest you look at a car in real life that has 35%.. I find it's hard to judge tint from pics on the internet.
Old 02-17-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

on a cloudy day, 35 percent looks very dark. in the sun its still pretty good but you can see in the car from close up. at night, anything darker and you will have problems seeing (esp backing up).
Old 02-17-2010
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

When looking inside the car, interior color plays a huge deal in what your interpret the darkness to be...
Old 02-17-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TRIZ
When looking inside the car, interior color plays a huge deal in what your interpret the darkness to be...
its a tan interior
Old 02-18-2010
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Since you have the light colored interior, the inside of your car will look a lot lighter then it would if you had a black interior.

My buddy has 30% on his tsx... its horrible at night, especially in the rain. Your bound to chew your rims up if you gotta parallel park. Not worth it.
Old 02-18-2010
Registered!!

Erikwithak86 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have 35% all around. It is a good compromise. It is also the legal limit for Hawaii when I got it. 35% is the legal tint limit in most states. You should google state tint laws and check out what it is for your state. Also, some states it's illegal to have any tint on the front windows. Check your local laws first and you can kind of get an idea of what is legal, and what is acceptable.
Old 02-18-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TRIZ
Since you have the light colored interior, the inside of your car will look a lot lighter then it would if you had a black interior.

My buddy has 30% on his tsx... its horrible at night, especially in the rain. Your bound to chew your rims up if you gotta parallel park. Not worth it.
35 it is, thanks for the help. ill make a thread in a few weeks with some before/after pics for ya
Old 02-22-2010
Registered!!

DTF_Merek is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an Eternal Blue 2005 Civic LX and I'm planning on getting my windows tinted soon. It has a grey and black interior so i was planning on going either 30-35% on the 5 back windows, but since CA law allows 70% on the 2 front windows i was thinking of doing that too. I just dont know how much a difference though 70% will make and if it is even worth it. any suggestions? thanks guys
Old 03-31-2013
Registered!!

Wilsky will become famous soon enoughWilsky will become famous soon enough

I did 20% all around. I have been pulled over three times and the cop never said anything about the tint. You can see through it on a sunny day, but when it is dark or night its really hard to see in which I like. Seeing through it at night is a bit hard but nothing that really bugged me. When you have 35%, you can stil see the shilouette of the person inside the car which I don't like, but you may not mind.