7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

7th Gen Radio Reception

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Prodresurgence will become famous soon enough
7th Gen Radio Reception

I know the in-glass-antenna is a big problem with 7th Generation Civics I was just wondering if anyone has found a good aftermarket antenna? I would prefer to mount this on the drivers side mast opposed to the trunk or quarter panels.
Old 02-11-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 7th Gen Radio Reception

what exactly is wrong with it? i have an alpine cd player and fm sounds almost as good as cd quality. the coupes have a signal booster that sedans do not. hybrid civics have the best setup. but i have sedan and am more than happy. my window is even tinted. do you have the factory radio? they sell antenna signal boosters you can splice into the power lead and hide in the dash. but maybe something else is wrong.
Old 02-12-2010
Banned

Thanks for your reply, everything on my coupe radio is stock. I have no signal boosters. When I am closer to the city (Boston) everything comes in clear, but 30 miles away and there is no signal at all. I have read a lot of forums with people in the same situation as myself. Perhaps I'll give a signal booster a try.
Old 02-12-2010
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well that is because of a weak signal (not the radio's fault). a signal amplifier will help, but chances are the quality will not be good.
Old 02-14-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jgg204 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
what exactly is wrong with it? i have an alpine cd player and fm sounds almost as good as cd quality. the coupes have a signal booster that sedans do not. hybrid civics have the best setup. but i have sedan and am more than happy. my window is even tinted. do you have the factory radio? they sell antenna signal boosters you can splice into the power lead and hide in the dash. but maybe something else is wrong.
really? i didn't know my 2003 Civic has a signal booster! why did they decide to put them into the Coupes and not the Sedans?

i'm not a fan of the in-glass antenna b/c FM Transmitters don't work as well, but they are MUCH better for pulling in actual stations. my 1997 Civic has that angled telescoping antenna on the driver's side roof and it worked much better with FM Transmitters since the signal didn't have to travel so far (combined with the fact that it wasn't as good at pulling in stations anyways so there was less interference with the Transmitter)
Old 02-24-2010
Registered!!

mikereynolds9 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have this same problem but its a real crappy signal all the time allways going out. I have to listen to cd's all the time. When I bought the car it had the anti theft lock on the radio and the guy i bought it from had to take it to the dealer for them to unlock it. Any ideas as to why it does this?

oh and I have a 2001 civic coupe ex if that matters. thanks!

Last edited by mikereynolds9; 02-24-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-24-2010
Premium Member

its built in security. if power is disconnected, you need a code to type in for the radio to work. dealer can look it up, but you need the serial number which requires removing the radio to see on the back.
Old 02-24-2010
Registered!!

mikereynolds9 is an unknown quantity at this point

appreciate it.. time to the the dyi on how to take it out. thanks!
Old 02-24-2010
Banned

You don't have to take it out. Hold the numbers 1 and 6 and press the power button on. That will flash your serial code. Take that serial code and plug it into this website below and it will give you your sercurity code.
https://radio-navicode.honda.com/