7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HID LAWS in ONTARIO CANADA

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ricky1991 is an unknown quantity at this point
HID LAWS in ONTARIO CANADA

Hey,

I'm thinking of get HID's for my 05 Civic. I was wondering is there any law against them in Ontario, and the regulations on this? As well the fine etc id there is. Thanks.
Old 02-07-2010
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough
Re: HID LAWS in ONTARIO CANADA

i got hids in my 04 civic... i live just outside toronto havent had a problem with cops around here...
Old 02-07-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

if you have 01-03 civic, and you put in hids, you will lose the drl function and that is illegal in canada. not sure about the hid themselves. 04-05 uses separate hi beams as drl so its a different bulb and you keep drl.
Old 02-09-2010
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

i have driven by a few cops with hids n they didnt do anything... i think as long as they r aimed good u should be fine
Old 02-09-2010
Registered!!

cgomes is on a distinguished road

As long as your lights are aimed properly and meet the required colors according to the High way and traffic act you should be okay. A peice of advice; don't just buy an HID kit for you stock lights. the stock pattern is already wide enough that when you add HIDs your just going to blind oncoming traffic, attract police attention and it looks nasty. Go the extra mile do the retros. Not only do they look better your beam pattern is crisper no/very little glare for oncoming traffic.
Old 02-09-2010
Registered!!

WyldFYRE is an unknown quantity at this point

They are illegal in ontario however if you aim your lights properly and stay in a reasonable color rang you should be ok. If they are too blue you will get nailed.
Old 02-09-2010
Registered!!

instalher is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: HID LAWS in ONTARIO CANADA

you can also put a relay inline so you keep your daytime running lights.. very easy to do and works.. the voltage is to low on the drl to turn on the hid so thats what the relay does is step up the voltage to the lights..
Old 02-11-2010
Registered!!

ADMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy a Low beam HID with High beam halogen so you can keep your drl's. Your highbeams will be useless compared to the low beams but at least you'll keep your drl's
Old 06-30-2010
Registered!!

Maxim1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile HID LAWS in ONTARIO CANADA

The Ontario highway traffic act says the vehicle has to be seen from 120 meters away. Otherwise you have to have two lights (at least) at the front either white or amber. I did not find anything about daytime running light.

When police will give ticket is a mystery. In April 2006 I got two tickets at a time from Toronto police. One ticket for using "clear number plate cover". I bought it from Ministry of Transportation Ontario (MTO) license issuing center in Mississauga.

Another ticket is for low air pressure in one of my tire. I fought the tickets and as usual, police did not show up. People find it difficult to believe that police can issue ticket for these reasons.

So, if you love HID lights, don't go over 7000K CT. Be careful about the connections, the converter generates high voltage which may cause serious accidents.
Old 06-30-2010
Registered!!

whitealexander is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cgomes
As long as your lights are aimed properly and meet the required colors according to the High way and traffic act you should be okay. A peice of advice; don't just buy an HID kit for you stock lights. the stock pattern is already wide enough that when you add HIDs your just going to blind oncoming traffic, attract police attention and it looks nasty. Go the extra mile do the retros. Not only do they look better your beam pattern is crisper no/very little glare for oncoming traffic.
+1 on this..

Old 06-30-2010
Registered!!

grendel has a spectacular aura aboutgrendel has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ricky1991
Hey,

I'm thinking of get HID's for my 05 Civic. I was wondering is there any law against them in Ontario, and the regulations on this? As well the fine etc id there is. Thanks.
Now, I'm not a do-good'er, but if it's illegal, and you're willing to do it anyway, why even bother to ask how much the fine would be?
Old 06-30-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

He's just lookin out in case he gets caught.. So he knows how much he'd have to pay.
Old 07-01-2010
Registered!!

grendel has a spectacular aura aboutgrendel has a spectacular aura about

What's that old saying... if you have to ask how much it costs, you can't afford it?
lol
Old 07-01-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

that's only when you're talking about a ZJ