Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

if your considering racelands

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
if your considering racelands

check this out i kept warning people not to buy those cheap *** raceland coilover. the piston housing dislodged from the shock body almost causing a crash.

Last edited by lowlife9; 09-29-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 01-18-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: if your considering racelands

yeah i couldve guessed from the crappy brand name lol. sounds like ebay special
Old 01-19-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

there was going to be a huge group buy on the local forums here em2ab.com but some guys have already bought theirs. everyone did their research on the 100+ page thread on these coilovers (probably the same place you got that picture from) and everyone that runs them has never had a problem, most even comment that they like the drop and the ride it gives. the first and only problem i have seen out of all of them is the problem you just showed.

it could just be a defective set that this guy had, who knows. im not a big suspension tech but from as many people that have said theyre good, they dont seem like complete garbage.

anyway the thread is here, there are a few more pics uploaded on there now. go to page 117 and start reading.

http://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/sho...14067&page=117

although i dont think after seeing these pictures that i would trust them, but who knows, it could just be one bad set out of the lot of them. everyone else has said theyre fine, and numbers dont really lie.
Old 01-19-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

well its your car and your responsibility if someone gets hurt.
Old 01-19-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

this is what i hate most about the tuning world. there are alot of shady brands, and people that dont know better go with whats cheaper or off brand or claimed to have good reviews with no long term testing. this might be okay with appearance mods like grills and bumpers, but not with vital engine and suspension parts. stick with the companies that have been doing this for a long time like tein, eibach, etc. if its too cheap to be true, its prolly junk. look how much real coilovers sell for, $850+ and theres a reason for that.
Old 01-19-2010
Registered!!

ya 200 bucks for coilovers should cause red lights and sirens to go off in your head this is also the reason why its illegal to lower your car in most states probably all of them.
Old 01-19-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

well yeah, but it could be just that one bad set that every manufacturer of every product makes now and then... not just coilovers, but any product. tonnes of those guys have ran those and still run them after a few years with no problem.

either way, i would still totally totally reconsider after seeing that though, thats kind of scary. i totally go by the same belief when it comes to parts. minor lighting, trim pieces, body parts, or just accessories are fine if you want to just get what looks fine and fits your budget, but i wont ever go cheap on anything that is mechanical in any way shape or form. its not worth it at all. the amount of damage that can be done to your vehicle ...or to your safety isnt worth the few hundred bucks.

Last edited by unTuned; 01-19-2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: .
Old 01-18-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hxrxld is an unknown quantity at this point

Purchased a set in 2009, it is January of 2016 and they just failed today.

The failure was oil leaking out of the Right Front Strut.

I say, great product... I bought my set from eBay for $237. Very skeptical at first, but after installing myself and driving for over 80,000 miles... I can say that the set I bought were SOLID.
Old 01-22-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Hxrxld
Purchased a set in 2009, it is January of 2016 and they just failed today.

The failure was oil leaking out of the Right Front Strut.

I say, great product... I bought my set from eBay for $237. Very skeptical at first, but after installing myself and driving for over 80,000 miles... I can say that the set I bought were SOLID.
what other suspension setups have you had to compare with?
Old 01-22-2016
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

I'm on my second set now. I only got 2 years on the first, before the RR shock went, but for $400cad, I really don't mind.

And I beat on them hard at autoX

also running

-camber correction
-front sway delete
-24mm progress rear
-2 inch spacers
-215/45/17

cut fenders and lowered 4 inches

Here Is a comparison of the old Racelands and their new product, which is much higher in quality.

Old 01-23-2016
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

2" Spacers. Like a BOSS, haha!
Old 01-25-2016
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Track day bro!

...I was lazy after one track day and left them on... nearly got a VI, but luckily the officer was a car guy and built a few euro monsters and let me go with a warning to remove.

I'm still working on custom fenders/wide body.
Old 06-26-2019
Registered!!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
05es1guy is just really nice05es1guy is just really nice05es1guy is just really nice05es1guy is just really nice05es1guy is just really nice

I have a set of raceland ultimos and I love them! You can get pretty low with them, and I've been in quite a few diff cars with diff sets of coilovers, and these fall right in the middle as far as ride quality goes. Glad I bought them!
Old 05-17-2021
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jbguari is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lowlife9
check this out i kept warning people not to buy those cheap *** raceland coilover. the piston housing dislodged from the shock body almost causing a crash.
I see that this was made a decade ago, but in case anyone comes across the post…
Must be a bad set? I’ve had mine for almost 3 years w/ no problems.