7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Exhaust possibilites for 2002 Civics?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matt.Dieterich is an unknown quantity at this point
Exhaust possibilites for 2002 Civics?

Hi all,

Just joined and soon to have my timing belt and water pump replaced on my '02 civic DX 5 speed. I am looking around for an exhaust system that will produce a deep decently loud tone. In the summer I bought a Xtune muffler for my civic off ebay and when I took it to Monro Brake and muffler they said it wouldnt fit since its a 2 and 1/4 inch inlet, and too big for my piping and in addition, theres no hanger brakets on this muffler, Should i just buy a full catback?

I am not sure if I should see if my mechanic whos doing my timing belt can find a way but im not sure. Im leaning towards a Magnaflow full Catback exhaust for around 400$, but I dont know what else is out there price wise. Greddy and Skunk2 are a little more pricey than I have available but I love the deep tone Skunk2 produces.
Any suggestions. Everything in my car is stock and I also wanted to get an intake for it. Im not sure which I should save up for first, but i would like to change the sound of my exhaust to make it more aggressive and deep sounding.

Many thanks,

Matt

Pittsburgh, PA
Old 01-13-2010
Registered!!

ADMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Exhaust possibilites for 2002 Civics?

Search the fourms. Magnaflow is nice, thats what im running. Also check out the Apexi WS2 for a deep tone thats not too loud.
Old 01-13-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

they can taper to fit your piping and you can ad hanger maybe they are retarded and dont want to make money. i love the way mugen twin loops sound but they cost more then greddy the next best thing would be a OBX universal twin loop here is a good place to get one http://www.2kracing.com/Product/18298.html also here is a sound clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFZYU...eature=related
there are a million more videos.

Last edited by lowlife9; 01-13-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-16-2010
Registered!!

03civicexR is an unknown quantity at this point

im running a full header back with a skunk2 catback. its not to loud but it sounds great and im running full 2 1/4"
Old 01-16-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Since you have a DX, you'll notice an increase in power if you swap over to a EX exhaust system. There is a link in my sig to an FAQ on how to do this.
Old 01-20-2010
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice

Originally Posted by TRIZ
Since you have a DX, you'll notice an increase in power if you swap over to a EX exhaust system. There is a link in my sig to an FAQ on how to do this.
...and then go with thermal research and development CBE
Old 01-21-2010
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

^ whats a CBE? Link?
Old 01-24-2010
Registered!!

Should I go with a magnaflow catback? They are 430$ meanwhile the Thermal Research for a 2002 Civic DX is 650$....How can an exhaust be that pricey?

Thoughts?

thanks,

matt
Old 01-24-2010
Registered!!

sk8nbmxr411 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a muffler shop replace all of my piping with 2.25'' to match up to my muffler tip, which is also an ebay special. It sounds great not too high nice and deep. That cost me like 150$ i think? well worth the money tho
Old 01-24-2010
Registered!!

I have the Xtune twin loop muffler, but it has no hangers to match up with my stock muffler hangers, when I went to Monro brake and muffler the guy said he cant weld on this muffler because nothing will stick to it or something because its stainless steel or something, what should I do? Should I ask another shop if they can make a custom piping for it? Am i still gaining horsepower having them bend me a custom pipe to attach to my X tune muffler?
Old 01-24-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

its only a few hp were talking about anyway. that wont matter. ive heard of some guys using metal muffler adapters with straps and putty to glue in a pipe if it cant be welded.
Old 01-24-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i have seen universal clamp on style exhaust hangers look into that you can probably make one yourself from a trip to home depot.

Last edited by lowlife9; 09-29-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 01-24-2010
Registered!!

what do you think would be the most cost effective catback setup for me then. variables including quality of tone produced by exhaust and price/labor costs of catback and installation.
number 1.) Magnaflow catback for 430$ direct fit to my 2002 Civic DX
number 2.) Full EX header conversion, then buying Megan Racing Drift Spec catback which is 350$.

this is a daily commuting car, I dont want some loud *** fart can that will make me go deaf by the end of the semester. I want a solid deep tone thats not too horribly loud
Old 01-24-2010
Registered!!

what do you think would be the most cost effective catback setup for me then. variables including quality of tone produced by exhaust and price/labor costs of catback and installation.
number 1.) Magnaflow catback for 430$ direct fit to my 2002 Civic DX
number 2.) Full EX header conversion, then buying Megan Racing Drift Spec catback which is 350$.

this is a daily commuting car, I dont want some loud *** fart can that will make me go deaf by the end of the semester. I want a solid deep tone thats not too horribly loud
Old 01-24-2010
Registered!!

this is my setup very wallet friendly and the tsudo exhaust is very well made for its price its been on my car for to years threw connecticut winters with no rust it looks brand new.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MEGAN...Q5fAccessories
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Civic...Q5fAccessories
Old 01-24-2010
Registered!!

can you upload a sound video of outside the car and while driving inside so I can hear what it sounds like?
Old 01-24-2010
Registered!!

I just dont want to have to buy a new cat or have them weld one on or something, I just want to buy a complete setup, and have it install without any modification or troubles.
Old 01-24-2010
Registered!!

not really there is a sound clip at the bottem of the ebay section i will say its fairly loud without the silencer but with the silencer its good.
Old 01-24-2010
Registered!!

I want a solid deep tone and nothing too loud to make me look like a dumbass street racer, because I will not be racing it, its my daily commuting riding to class, work and hockey, i want a catback setup where I dont have to spend tons of money having extra parts modded onto it for it to be street legal, I dont want any check engine lights coming on or I dont want my emmision to be bad, which would fail me at inspection time.

Is magnaflow the choice to go with for me? Is magnaflow

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...ems/magnaflow/

not too loud, yet noticeable when driving under regular conditions inside the car? I want it to sound nice when I shift.

I am no mechanic and need staight answer for an exhaust system that will sound good, add power and last.

thanks,

Matt
Old 01-29-2010
Low and slow!

02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

My advice if you want some pretty good gains off of your d17 and have a good deep sound to it and not loud. Go with race headers and full exhaust. For the header i say go with some of the best either j's racing race headers or dc sport race headers. For the exhaust i say go with Apexi WS2.

I have the dc sport and apexi noir (the ws1 the one before the ws2 which is same thing except mine is flat black) setup on my car. i had a 27 whp gain just off both of them though i have the k20 in mine. But the sound of it is so great its deep and its quite and it doesnt get to bad in WOT.

And for those guys at the muffler shop those guys are idiots they need to go back to school. First of all they can extend your stock midpipe to fit onto that muffler and second they can just weld on some hangers. If they dont want money then whatever its an easy fix. I say dont go back to that muffler shop.
Old 03-02-2010
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice

dead thread but Thermal Racing and Development CBE (Cat Back Exhaust)
Old 03-05-2010
Registered!!

ExistEvolution is on a distinguished road

leave it stock, or save the money for an actuall kit designed for our cars