7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Spark plug type? Whats best options?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Protan988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Spark plug type? Whats best options?

Hey guys quick question, I changed my spark plugs last year, but I have a question. What is the best spark plug type to use for gas mileage and performance? I believe the ones I have in there now are just regular copper NGK's I think the guy from the parts store said that Honda recomends only to use coppers? Not use Platinum or Irridium? I was thinking of getting some NGK Irridium plugs. They the best bet?
Old 12-31-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Spark plug type? Whats best options?

ngk or denso is the best option.
Old 12-31-2009
Registered!!

amatias is an unknown quantity at this point

like lowlife9 said ngk. i like their irridiums, stock #6441
Old 12-31-2009
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

NGK Iridium
Old 01-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

ngk iridium ix are the best, but very expensive. i paid $45 for 4. if you can afford it, its worth it, but if you cant afford that get some ngk v power (cheap but very good as well) or densos.

anything denso is as good as you can get compared to stock. you guys would be amazed if you took a good look under your hood and seen how many denso parts are used right from the honda factory.

gas mileage wont change very much, but with good plugs your electrical system will run smoother.
Old 02-11-2011
Registered!!

Jsabli is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi what the recommended spark plug for civic ferio 1.5?
Old 02-11-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jsabli
Hi what the recommended spark plug for civic ferio 1.5?
as everyone said, the NGK iridiums.

u can get em for about 30shipped for all 4
Old 02-24-2011
KIA Sales extrordinare!

bsmith is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no point in putting iridium plugs in your civic unless it has a completely rebuilt high performance engine in it. There is not enough compression/fuel/air to necessitate a performance plug like that, nor could the stock ignition system produce enough energy to get the real benefit of an iridium plug. It would be like filling your car with premium, there is simply no need for it and you will see not benefit from using the higher performance plugs. In an economy car I would put the cheapest denso/ngk/ntk plug you can find. Or go to the dealer and get OEM replacements, more expensive but if its good enough for Honda then its good enough for us.

Please dont judge the merit of my post by my rep power or post count. That would be absurd.
Old 02-24-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree.. Like most things... Iridiums are overkill. But they can make your electrical system run more efficiently