7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tokico blues w/ Springtechs. Good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sk8nbmxr411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tokico blues w/ Springtechs. Good deal?

The package includes both a full set of Tokico Shocks & Struts, along with a full set of Springtech Springs for about 500 bucks shipped. Everything is brand new and both the shocks and springs have a lifetime warranty. The springs drop the car 1.6" F / 1.7" R. I have heard that anything below a 1.5'' drop will blow these shocks. So is this worth buying or should I just buy Tokico blues and match them myself with Tein S. Tech. I am looking for the best ride with a decent drop. What do you guys think? heres the link : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKIC...Q5fAccessories

There also is a set of KYB GR-2 with the same springs for the same price. Would this be a better/worse option the the blues? here is that link :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KYB-S...Q5fAccessories
Old 12-01-2009
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Tokico blues w/ Springtechs. Good deal?

gr-2 are junk, tokico are nice shocks but i have never heard of sprintech. Do some search around here and you will find most people who want a 1.5 inch drop go with tien s-tech or neuspeed springs. I personally had the tokico blues and tein s techs and wanted to go lower..im currently on d2 full coilovers which are more than worth the money
Old 12-01-2009
Registered!!

Did you like the ride with the blue and s techs? Hows the ride on those D2s compaired to your previous setup?
Old 12-01-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

alot of people like the eibach and tokico hp combo. just dont go lower than 1.5 inch. theres really no extra performance increase, and all you will get is a bumpy ride and scraping up your car.
Old 12-01-2009

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sk8nbmxr411
Did you like the ride with the blue and s techs? Hows the ride on those D2s compaired to your previous setup?
The ride was good, i just wanted to go lower. I love my d2's i have them dropped all i can in the front and somewhat tucked in the rear. Only thing with coilovers is the stiffness..they are rock solid well worth the money

Pic with the d2's

Pic with s-techs and tokico blues

Note: i have 17's while on this set up
Old 12-01-2009
Registered!!

how much did you pay for you D2s? would you recomend getting those or tein basics? thanks for the pics
Old 12-02-2009

paid 750 shipped from a honda tech vendor...I have heard tein do not drop as low but i know tein is good quality. Personally if i would have to chose i would get the d2's i have had no issues, great price, and i really like the drop.
Old 12-02-2009
Registered!!

Wow thats freakin sweet. Was that like a killer deal or is that how much they usually go for. If i can get some in that price range than i am totally down for D2s.