7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

should I?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03civiclxcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
should I?

hey guys i was wondering if i should get rid of my muffler and get an 60 series magnaflow muffler....dont really feel like getting full exhaust...and also do you all think my tires are low pro? tires looks thick...heres some pics.
These photos are from 2 years ago

Last edited by 03civiclxcoupe; 11-22-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-22-2009
Registered!!

GreenMachineDX is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: should I?

Its for ur taste... How u like it.. Check the name of ur tires..
Old 11-22-2009
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

yea great answers..... dumbass

ditch the fart can and get the magnaflow or flowmaster super 40, they sound very nice, low. as far as most people are concerned, ur tires are not low pro, what size are they?
Old 11-22-2009
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

ditch the fart can and get the magnaflow or flowmaster super 40, they sound very nice, low. as far as most people are concerned, ur tires are not low pro, what size are they?
Old 11-22-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by greeen01civic4d

yeah im thinking about getting rid of the muffler and get a flowmaster....my tires are Riken Raptor HR cheap tire...its 195/60/15...when i bought the rims and tires from GAPS local mechanic they sell them and the lady told me they are and they dont look like low pros....i want to get low pros that wont mess with the speedometer....heres the video from youtube....
anyone know what series it is? or which one would you recommend sounds good on our civics that doesnt sound like a fart can http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzbPN62-aaY
Old 11-22-2009
Registered!!

ooo i forgot anyone know if this will fit our civics?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Flowm...Q5fAccessories
Old 11-22-2009
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

those are not lowprofile at all. you can tell by looking at how thick they are. you cant really use low profiles on 15" rims anyways. you can do it on 16s, but your tires will be small. low pros are generally for 17+.

when new tires throw your speedometer reading slightly off, it has nothing to do with the tires being low profile. its because the entire wheel diameter has changed. you can get low profiles, but you have to get the right sized rim to accommodate them as well to make an entire wheel size similar to stock.

that muffler will work, but since you want the muffler tip to fit in the bumper slot, whoever you get to weld it on will have to make you a custom pipe for between the axle and muffler so that it lines up properly with the inlet of that muffler. it shouldnt cost much at all.
Old 11-22-2009
Registered!!

ok...thanks unTuned...ill probably get this kind of flowmaster http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Flowm...Q5fAccessories
Old 11-22-2009
Registered!!

Who is a dumbass.. Even if u get a magnaflow or flowmaster not including the whole exhusast, its still going be a fart can..

Dude don't go calling other people names for no reason.. U are just making urself look like a dumbass.

And wow the answer that u gave him was hard. Lol man..
Old 11-22-2009
Banned

he wants a simple answer, so i gave a simple answer. seems u were incapable of even that, well at least a decent one anyway. Im not calling names, im calling it as i see it.

to the op, if u want it to ride well, dont go low pro, and riken raptors are very hard, noisy tires, i just got rid of a set on my FA5 for some nitto neogens. A simple bolt on muffler designed for your car can help both fuel mileage and a minimal power gain. I ran a flowmaster designed muffler for the em2, and it improved fuel economy by 2mpg and reduced overall heat in the engine bay, plus no pissed off bumblebee sound
Old 11-22-2009
Banned

he wants a simple answer, so i gave a simple answer. seems u were incapable of even that, well at least a decent one anyway. Im not calling names, im calling it as i see it.

to the op, if u want it to ride well, dont go low pro, and riken raptors are very hard, noisy tires, i just got rid of a set on my FA5 for some nitto neogens. A simple bolt on muffler designed for your car can help both fuel mileage and a minimal power gain. I ran a flowmaster designed muffler for the em2, and it improved fuel economy by 2mpg and reduced overall heat in the engine bay, plus no pissed off bumblebee sound
Old 11-22-2009
Registered!!

Yea, i know where u coming from. I just told him that he can get w/e muffler he likes..
Old 11-22-2009
Registered!!

what do you mean riken raptors are very hard, noisy tires?

im thinking going to go with flowmaster muffler 60 series
Old 11-23-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i like the muffler you have already. magnaflow is weird looking if youve ever seen em on a civic (i have), and they sit way too low and look ugly.
Old 11-23-2009
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

that second one you posted looks a bit better than the first, but it will still need a custom pipe fitment from your axle and back. its not very expensive since they are welding it anyway, but if you combine that plus the price of the muffler, youre looking at 200+ easily altogether, so its not so cheap anymore.

i agree with gearbox on your current muffler. i seen it and i think it looks good. if it was me, i would rather keep that one than get the new one you want.
Old 11-23-2009
Registered!!

^Exactly what i was thinking when i saw the first pic...
Old 11-23-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by unTuned
that second one you posted looks a bit better than the first, but it will still need a custom pipe fitment from your axle and back. its not very expensive since they are welding it anyway, but if you combine that plus the price of the muffler, youre looking at 200+ easily altogether, so its not so cheap anymore.

i agree with gearbox on your current muffler. i seen it and i think it looks good. if it was me, i would rather keep that one than get the new one you want.
on the second one i posted couldnt they just do the same as my muffler that is on now..like cut the muffler and weld on the new one and weld the hanger on it?

the one i have on now it looks good but the tip looks big...and my car was rear ended back in June 2009...and we had carstar here in town and they fixed all the damages and for some reason now the muffler is rattling against my bumper.
Old 11-24-2009
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

if its rattling against ur bumper why not just bend the hangers so that it won't rattle anymore or put slightly longer hangers...
Old 11-25-2009
Registered!!

well yes they can just weld it in place, and it might work out just fine with that 2nd muffler since the outlet is lined up with the inlet. the 1st muffler you were showing wasnt. the outlet (muffler tip) was not lined up with the inlet (part you weld to your exhaust pipe) they were offset.

if its tapping, you could just remove that rubber hanger piece that holds the metal hanger to the car and measure it then buy one thats slightly longer depending on how much its tapping. if its just a bit, try getting one thats about 1/2" longer. or you could do what i seen lowlife9 say in some other post...heat it up and stretch it. i wouldnt do that, id just get a new one since they arent expensive anyway.
Old 03-31-2013
Registered!!

Wilsky will become famous soon enoughWilsky will become famous soon enough

For our cars to stay accurate with 17" wheels you need a 45 series tire. Thats what I have and its still pretty thick. I wouldn't consider something low profile till maybe the 40 or 35 series tires. Just keep the speedo accurate no matter what wheel size you chose.