7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

what size of rim will fit for my 2004 civic 4 door dx?

Old 11-04-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
windsnow is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: what size of rim will fit for my 2004 civic 4 door dx?

oops, sorry I was doing the calculation while you're posting your previous post.
Yup, we got the same answer too.
so this time won't go wrong with 215/45/17 then.
As long as it's close to my stock wheel (gap, body height above the ground), I am quite happy with that. Really don't want to waste too much money to lower my car, you know it's only a DX. I think it will cost $1200 to $1500 to lower the car from dealer.

I saw there is a rim, tire combo that cost around $700 for 4.
The said they will do the mounting/balancing and shipped to me ready to be put on the car. Should I buy it or I should choose rim, tire separately?
Old 11-04-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

if youre buying online you always save A LOT of money if you get a full package. dont buy just rims because if you try to go locally for tires you will pay at least 150 per tire with a mount and balance. thats way more expensive, and its way more work for you to take them around everywhere and get the work done.

by getting the full package it comes right to your house and ready to install so its nice. i went through discounttiredirect.com and i got everything for about $970ish USD if i remember right. that included rims, tires, mount, balance, centering rings, locking lugnuts, and shipping to canada. it came to my door in 3 business days.

what rims are you looking at? and who are you purchasing from?
Old 11-04-2009
Registered!!

here's the picture for the rim from wheelsnext.com, about $800. But with tire that I have never heard its brand before. Will it look good at my civic?
http://www.wheelsnext.com/images/whe...ocol_bwc_2.jpg
Old 11-04-2009
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

yeah those are nice, but they are very open meaning you will see the rusty brake drum in the back and the calipers up front. you will have to do the diy painting on those parts if you want those rims to look really good.
Old 11-04-2009
Registered!!

I see. Can I paint them after the wheel is installed? And what other good choices besides this one?
Old 11-04-2009
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

you"ll have to take the wheel off to paint them
Old 11-04-2009
Registered!!

Just wonder when I receive the wheels, do I need to bring them to shops to put them on?
Or I can put them on by myself. I know it's not hard to put wheels on as I did have experience to put my spare tire on when one of the tire has a punch and leaking air.
How much difference if I put wheels on by myself comparing to have shops to put them on. If no difference, then I can take off the wheel and paint the brake drum whenever I have time.
Old 11-04-2009
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

you dont need to take to a shop to put ur wheels on just make sure they are torqued right... dont want a wheel flying off when ur driving
Old 11-04-2009
Registered!!

It's nice to know that!
great helps guys, I really appreciate it.
Old 11-05-2009
Registered!!

yea just put them on yourself. put your new tires on one at a time. the shop does it the same way you would at home, except they do it faster because they have air tools. as long as you torque it to between 80-90 lbs of torque it will be fine.

there are tonnes of tire packages out there. try discounttiredirect.com. you can set up a whole package there for everything you need with shipping and i think you also get $50 discount if you order online.
Old 11-05-2009
Registered!!

what's the Prepaid Canadian Tarriff Fees? It charges $360.00

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...roductId=73135
Old 11-05-2009
Registered!!

that covers shipping + all customs and duties fees all at once. they have a deal with UPS and paying the 360 works out way cheaper than it would cost you to pay shipping, then to pay the duties/taxes when it gets to your house. this is always the case when people ship large packages through UPS.

normally when you pay shipping on a larger item, it only covers them actually shipping the item to you. when large items get to customs in canada through UPS, sometimes they have to hire a 'broker' to approve it and that can cost anywhere between $30-150 depending on the item. if youre getting a whole big heavy set of wheels shipped, chances are youll have to pay at least $150 in customs duties and fees alone once it gets to your door or they wont give you the package. paying the 360 gets the packaged shipped and eliminates you having to pay another cash fee at your door.
Old 11-05-2009
Registered!!

when i clicked that link and put a postal code in, it shows youre getting the rims and other stuff, but arent you getting tires too?

btw those are very nice rims.

Last edited by unTuned; 11-05-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-05-2009
Registered!!

Actually I am getting the rim and tire package.
And when I choose to buy rim and tire together, the system automatically
select the following stuff for me to buy:

Wheel Installation Kit
for MB Wheels Seven X
1 $45.00 $45.00
• Valve Stems
4 $3.00 $12.00

Do I need them? Wheelsnext includes everything in the tire/wheel package and there's no Prepaid Canadian Tarriff Fees.

I am afraid that after I pay Prepaid Canadian Tarriff Fees, I will have to pay the custom tax again when I receive the wheels.

Which of the following looks better?
http://www.wheelsnext.com/images/whe...ocol_bwc_2.jpg
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/pr...sev.sm.ang.jpg
Old 11-05-2009
Registered!!

if you prepay the tariffs with your shipping, you wont have to pay anything else. they have a partnership deal with UPS that makes it so you pay one flat fee and it covers everything. when i was originally ordering my tire package, i was supposed to pay shipping, and my own duty fees at the door, but the guy on the phone at discountiredirect told me to wait 1 more week if i wanted to save some money since they had an agreement being worked out with UPS. i waited the week and called the guy back and he said the deal was done, and i was able to get the complete shipping+prepaid fee which was cheaper altogether. i live in canada too and it came to my door, the guy dropped it off and said bye. nothing paid.

if you order through another online company, you might pay something like 300 for shipping, then you will be responsible to pay that 150 or more at the door. by paying the 360, its both cheaper, and less headaches.
Old 11-05-2009
Registered!!

and yea you need all of that stuff. the wheel installation kit is a set of aftermarket lugnuts with a special 'key' so people cant come jack your rims. you need that key to be able to take the lugnuts off. stock lugnuts wont work on rims like this. the centering rings are placed on the car right before you install the rims and they keep the rim perfectly centered as you tighten it down making sure the tires are on perfectly. the valve stems are the little things that you use to fill air with.
Old 11-06-2009
Registered!!

great thanks!
I think it is only for this set of wheels that need those stuff.
Old 11-06-2009
Registered!!

nah its for every set. any aftermarket rims need centering rings because when you place the rim on, it wedges in place properly centered using that ring. and the locking lugnuts are always needed not just for antitheft, but also because they are a deep fitment lugnut unlike your stock ones.

what kind of tires are you getting? make sure you take into account treadwear, speed rating, temperature rating, and overall grip.
Old 11-07-2009
Registered!!

not sure which tire to buy.
But will buy all-season's though.