7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Do I have keyless entry?

Old 10-25-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tonayyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Do I have keyless entry?

Hi guys

I'm new here just bought an 03 coupe. It's an EX model and I read they came standard with keyless entry. The thing is I don't have a remote. I'd like to get one though but not unless I find out the car is equipped with the brain already. So how do I find out if I have it or not? Does anyone know where it's installed? thanks!
Old 10-26-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do I have keyless entry?

all 01-05 EX civic had keyless entry installed. LX had power locks but no keyless. DX/VP only had manual locks. you just need a new remote and have it programmed to the car. im not sure where the keyless unit is, prolly under the steering wheel where that cover is tho...above the brake pedal.
Old 10-26-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

if you have an ex, yea you would have keyless. if you go to a dealer to get a remote + programming i think youre looking at about 150-200$.

i know there are a lot of guys on ebay that sell the actual oem factory remotes for keyless entry for our cars for around $20 and it includes 'free programming instructions'. i dont know how hard it is or what it takes to program it yourself, but i would say its worth the $20 to try your luck.

worst case scenario is the 'free instructions' dont work, and you have to go to the dealer, but at least you will have a factory remote at a fraction of a dealership price and it will only need programming.
Old 10-26-2009
Registered!!

Tonayyy is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright, cool. Thanks for the speedy responses guys. Yeah, i was asking because I saw a remote for $20 and I thought why not you know...Thanks again
Old 10-26-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

just be sure you get the exact one for your car to prevent any problems. there are only 3 buttons - lock, unlock, panic. there is NO trunk button.

this also might help. on the back of the remote, the FCC ID is NHVWB1U521 on mine (02 ex coupe).
Old 05-05-2017
Registered!!

pineapple is an unknown quantity at this point
Do I have keyless entry?

my car is a 2005 honda civic coupe. im not sure if i have one because it didnt come with one when i bought it used. but there is a red blinking light on the bottom near the clutch (manual tranny) if someone could please help cause i want a remote but im not sure.
Old 05-05-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pineapple
my car is a 2005 honda civic coupe. im not sure if i have one because it didnt come with one when i bought it used. but there is a red blinking light on the bottom near the clutch (manual tranny) if someone could please help cause i want a remote but im not sure.
Are you in the US? Does the top of your engine say "vtec?" Do you have a sunroof? In the US an EX would have factory keyless. A LX may or may not have had keyless installed since it was new.

Programming a keyless remote is simple and easy to do without any special tools. All that is needed is a valid transmitter with a good battery.

Next time start a new thread instead of bringing a 7 year old thread back to life.
Old 05-05-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pineapple
but there is a red blinking light on the bottom near the clutch (manual tranny)
This would indicate someone has installed an aftermarket unit of some sort, probably either an alarm system or a remote start system. Find the light, follow the wires to the control unit they connect to, find name/label on the control unit and work your google-fu to see what the brand name and numbers can tell you.

For USA, in 2005 the EX, EX-SE, LX and LX-SE would have come with keyless from the factory. In theory all you'd need is another correct Honda fob and program it to the car to make it work.
Old 05-06-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

LX keyless was 04-05.
Old 05-11-2017
Registered!!

Sam singh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i hv 2001 civic 7 gen i looking for install keyless system i got one from ebay m602 could anyone please help me for wiring i hv diagram but dont know which one is for my car plz thnx
[img]webkit-fake-url://41062305-cb03-4df4-9a32-0b62ddda4b24/imagejpeg[/img]