7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

EZ light question..

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tinnguyen123 is an unknown quantity at this point
EZ light question..

what kinda back up light does our car uses..?
Old 09-28-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: EZ light question..

for 01-05 civics, sedan uses 7440 21w bulb and i think coupe is a 921 or something (dimmer 18w bulb). the best upgrade is raybrig 2x hyper clear bulb which is twice as bright and white. they make it in both sizes.

Name:  raybrig2x7440hyperbulb.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  34.6 KB
Old 09-28-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

that is confirmed. 01-05 coupe uses a 921 bulb for reverse.
Old 09-28-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
for 01-05 civics, sedan uses 7440 21w bulb and i think coupe is a 921 or something (dimmer 18w bulb). the best upgrade is raybrig 2x hyper clear bulb which is twice as bright and white. they make it in both sizes.

awesome answer

omg.. they dont sell these bulb on ebay 0_0 i have to look for a private website that sells this bulb..

Last edited by tinnguyen123; 09-28-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 09-28-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

its special, you gotta search around and yes they are expensive but worth it. i have them in my turn and rev lights, still on my first set. i think racinglab.com might carry some of em. i got a 921 for dads miata 3rd brake light cause the stock one looked like a park light. now it looks as bright as the outer brakes with the raybrig in there. its really double the output. side by side with stock is huge difference.
Old 09-28-2009
Registered!!

gowen should not be trustedgowen should not be trusted

20 shipped
http://www.intakeone.com/Light_bulbs...soryBulbs.html
Old 09-28-2009
Registered!!

gowen should not be trustedgowen should not be trusted

Has anyone tried the PIAA hyper white ones?
Old 09-29-2009
Premium Member

ugh dont buy anything thats tinted. it will be worse than stock and have that nasty blue reflection when the bulb is off. the good brands like philips and raybrig sell blue tinted bulbs that are about as bright or slightly brighter but they use better filaments to start with. still not really worth it and they usually dont look good or the coating fades away over time.
Old 10-03-2009
Registered!!

omfg.. that raybrig brand suck.. -_- its the same thing as the stock light.. like EXACTLY the same.. i try to have one installed and one isn't.. to see the difference... and they're the same.. blahh..!! wasted 16 buck.. >.< i expected REALLY 2x bright.. but nope >.<

but the stock light is pretty bright already.. oy.. -__-
Old 10-03-2009
Premium Member

um you sure about that? i saw a huge difference. even with the mini bulb. maybe you were expecting "ricer white" but these bulbs are not tinted. they put out more light than stock and whiter too, but it will still have some yellow. right now this is the only pic i have to compare, but i can take more of the 7440 bulbs. i installed side by side and they are much brighter than stock for having the same watts. i will try and buy some 7440 bulbs to compare to the raybrigs. im sure there is a big difference just like the small bulbs. the raybrig mini bulb is so bright that i would not recommend using it as a parking light because it glares more than the headlights.

look at how much whiter and brighter the raybrig hyper clear is compared to stock 168 bulb

Name:  194bulbcompare.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  77.4 KB

Last edited by gearbox; 10-03-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-03-2009
Registered!!

to be honest i tested it in the morning.. but the Raybrig in the pics didn't look that much whiter.. ill go look at it asap..

btw.. these backup light are strikingly HOT.. within one try its hot enough to get you burn if you hold on to it..
Old 10-03-2009
Premium Member

yeah all bulbs will burn very hot. even a 194 mini bulb i clocked at 150F+ which will easily burn skin. the raybrigs have a different gas mix and higher pressure to get the extra light using the same wattage. i didnt mean to mislead you, maybe you thought it would be a huge difference, but remember they are still the same wattage. when i tried them in the rev lights, i noticed quite a bit more light. for the signals too. make sure to compare them at night because during the day the sun will wash them out since they are clear. and take a pic of them side by side (one raybrig and one stock bulb) so then you let the camera decide. and post pics too so i dont have to )
Old 10-03-2009
Premium Member

the 921 raybrig bulb i also tried on dads miata for the 3rd brake light and it was a huge improvement over the stock bulb which looked like a park light before. now with the raybrigs its 2x brighter and looks as bright as the outer brakes that use the big stock bulbs.