7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2nd Battery..?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tinnguyen123 is an unknown quantity at this point
2nd Battery..?

Has anyone ever try to put a 2nd Battery into your car..?

my cousin put it in his Yukon.. and i was pretty amazed.. well.. any comment on this idea..? or any suggestion..?
Old 09-27-2009
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all
Re: 2nd Battery..?

No... if you want to upgrade the electrical power in your car- upgrade your alternator...
Old 09-27-2009
Registered!!

no.. i just want a longer lasting battery.. i'm just worry one day i forget my headlight and so yeh..

i dont have any crazy audio system.. just the stock one..
Old 09-27-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

someone put a second battery in the trunk of his hybrid and wired a big solar panel to keep it charged.
Old 09-27-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

thats a LOT of work just to be sure your car doesnt die from something silly like that.

besides, when you get out of your car its a deafening solid beep sound if you still have your lights on. how can you miss that?
Old 09-27-2009
Registered!!

GreenMachineDX is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats what i was about to say too.. How can u miss it?
Old 09-27-2009
Registered!!

haha there are other factors >.< like leaving the domes light on.. who knows.. you just won't know til it run out.. i really like that solar power panel stuff.. and i DO have a hybrid
Old 09-27-2009
Registered!!

kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

You can always get one of those self charging battery jumper kits... they are like 40 bucks if you are worried. I need to get that... i dont want to be in a situation where I'm whoring myself out for a jump start.
Old 09-27-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

how about hook a solar panel to the main battery? it will keep it charged even if you forget something on (during the day at least). otherwise its less hassle to get a jumper pack and keep that in the car. or just have AAA or tow truck membership lol.
Old 09-27-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

i left my leds on all night once by accident then left home on a camping trip for 3 days. i came back and seen all my interior lights on and my car started perfectly fine. as long as your interior lights are leds, you will never ever have a problem with your car dying. its just the headlights you have to be worried about. i wouldnt bother. also, i only have the stock battery.
Old 09-27-2009
Premium Member

not if your leds add up to 5w like mine lol.
Old 09-28-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
not if your leds add up to 5w like mine lol.
how do I check..? >.< i have 1 manual LED bar.. and i place it in the back too so i'll eazily forget to turn it off one day..
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10061

and regard to the battery jumper kit.. those things are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO weak.. -_- i used it once and i was praying that it would work because it took 30 mins for the battery to charge back up... you see, the thing is.. those battery HAS to be charge every 3 month.. so if you forget to charge it by the 3rd month.. sad thing may happen.. they're strong if you have it directly charge up from the DC plugs..

and about the battery for the hybrid... does anyone know how to wire it? add 2nd battery and make it work..? i've never seen the battery yet.. 0_0 i only see the front battery and that's not the hybrid's battery.. i heard they're suppose to last the whole cycle of my car's life, but my battery indicator gauge is always half was charged.. and iono which battery that thing is indicating >.< i've never seen a regular 7th gen interior so i hope you guys know what im talking about
Old 09-28-2009
Premium Member

20ma x 54 leds = 1080ma of total power for the strip, which translates to about 5w. one day may not hurt anything if you forget. i have a similar problem with my under-seat leds i always forget them on but luckily its just those 6-led pods at autozone one on each side so just under 1w combined. for you maybe its a good idea to tap the switch power to the 12v socket + wire so it will turn off when you take the key out.

Last edited by gearbox; 09-28-2009 at 01:45 AM.
Old 09-28-2009
Registered!!

I don't know what jumper kit you're using it, but get the kind that hooks up directly to the battery and not through the cigerette hole. You probably get what you pay for these anyways, and I've charged a car up in a manner of minutes with a lower end model that cost 40 bucks.
And I don't see what the problem is if you have to recharge it every 3 months... seem's easier than wasting money and time on another battery...
Old 09-28-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by kcari
I don't know what jumper kit you're using it, but get the kind that hooks up directly to the battery and not through the cigerette hole. You probably get what you pay for these anyways, and I've charged a car up in a manner of minutes with a lower end model that cost 40 bucks.
And I don't see what the problem is if you have to recharge it every 3 months... seem's easier than wasting money and time on another battery...
seriously..? i got those that charge directly to the battery.. it took me 30mins for the car to charge because that stupid backup battery hasn't been charged for over a year.. -_- (i didn't know you need to charge it every 3 month til the incident occur)

fine.. forget about 2nd battery for the front side.. what about the Hybrid's battery..

i laugh every time when a mechanic open my hood and they're like wtf is this.. they're scare of my hybrid engine or something.. -_-

Last edited by tinnguyen123; 09-28-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-28-2009
Registered!!

well if it hasnt been charged for over a year and it still charged your car than consider that success... I don't think you should worry much about adding more batteries or whatever to your car... spend that extra money on something better like suspension or maybe even a K series or something...
Old 09-28-2009
Premium Member

regular mechanics arent trained to work on hybrids