7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

'05 Coupe Custom Widebody **PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V84Lunch has a spectacular aura aboutV84Lunch has a spectacular aura about
'05 Coupe Custom Widebody **PICS**

Hey guys, what's happenin? Lately I finally managed to get started on my custom widebody work. I've got most of the car to a 'stoppable stage', as we're heading into winter where I live. I had a few parts I still wanted to use up, and I wanted to get the car to a certain point before the work had to cease for a few months. Here are some shots of the most recent work.

First off, starting with the fender: it was a generic one from procivic, but it had the vent I wanted for the widebody lines. As you can see, it didn't line up with the car's lines at all, and it had that terrible pointy thing on the top that was way out of place.. So, here are some before and after shots.

Next in line was the side vent. This was actually cut out, extended up and forward before getting glassed back into the original fender. I also mounted the flare and started glassing it in as well.

Next we went to work cutting in the front vent to flow from the fender into the opening on my front bumper cover.

Now that the basic shape was coming together, we started building up the back of the fender. I wanted to accomplish several things here: make the vent stand out and 'dig deeper' in the fender, create a nice rolling line for the flare starting at the skirt all the way to the front, and kick out the back so it stood out as far as the front. Here is the mock up:

Here it is a little cleaned up, starting to take shape. The front of the flare still needs extended before it can finish 'rolling into' the bumper cover.

I've also started the beginning mock up/glassing stages for the back, but it's still extremely rough.. Here is a 'teaser shot' showing the overall look I'm trying to acheive. You must use your imagination a bit

Name:  Startingtheback.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  111.8 KB

That's it for now, I'll keep this thread going as my lazy *** does more work
Old 09-24-2009
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough
Re: '05 Coupe Custom Widebody **PICS**

nice work... interested to see how it all turns out
Old 09-25-2009
Registered!!

03BlueCivic will become famous soon enough03BlueCivic will become famous soon enough

I'll be interested to see how this progresses.

What are your plans for wheel/tire setup?
Also paint color?
Old 09-25-2009
Registered!!

RyuNyte has a spectacular aura aboutRyuNyte has a spectacular aura about

This may be a dumb question, but how are you supposed to take off your front bumper when you need to work on the car since its molded to the fender?
Old 09-25-2009
Registered!!

Staninator is an unknown quantity at this point

that looks tight as hell! good job dude, just make sure you don't make it too bulky. I'm a fan of widebody kits though
Old 09-25-2009
Registered!!

GreenMachineDX is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice Man... Cant Wait For The Results. I think u going need some deep dish wheels on there after...
Old 09-25-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

looks good already
Old 09-27-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

nice.

and as ryunyte asked....im guessing its the same as your rear end?

i remember i asked you about removing your rear bumper since youre molding your rear bumper into the fenders and you said youre just praying you dont ever have to remove it.

same thing for the front end? praying you wont have to take it off?
Old 09-27-2009
Registered!!

Thanks so much for the kind words everyone, even the legendary Gearbox made it into this one

To answer a few questions, the wheel/tire set up will stay as it is for now. I dumped a grand on those 17's and Neo Gens, so they are ridin for awhile. I agree with the deeper offset though, would definitley look meaner with the widebody. That may be something I look towards down the road, but this winter it's K20 time

As for the paint, I was originally stuck on a stealth look; matte black with gunmetal accents but my mind is continually changing lol. Since I've been working on this kit I've actually been kicking around an orange/burnt orange color with the gunmetal.. Any ideas or feedback?

Moving on to the bumper situation; as you can see in the pics (especially the last) there is still a lot of cleaning up to do around the headlight. The AIT fender wasn't cut properly, and also the ED bumper cover has a big gap at the top. Quite a bit of work will be needed to fix these issues, so as a result I'm simply going to glass everything together and cut my own body lines. This will be the quickest and easiest route, and it adds a little more custom flare. I will probably end up doing this to the back as well, so that I can still remove the pieces if something happens
Old 09-27-2009
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

i think a matte black would look pretty sweet but its ur car
Old 09-27-2009
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

avoid the burned orange looking crap. that **** belongs on ugly *** cobalts.
Old 09-27-2009
Registered!!

Lol, I know what you mean Tuned - perhaps I was off in describing the color. That bronzeish cobalt color is fugly as hell, I was talking more along the lines of this..

Still though, I'm having a hard time backing away from this..

Anyone else have any ideas or input?
Old 09-27-2009
Registered!!

that lexus looks sick with the matte black
Old 09-29-2009
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point

IMO, matte black only looks good when the car is perfectly smooth.. with matte black, you can see every little imperfection and it looks like poop.

Plus, the fact that it looks like a chalkboard on wheels.
Old 09-29-2009
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

How about a color like electron blue pearl?
Old 09-29-2009
Registered!!

brandon21g is an unknown quantity at this point

How about some sort of candy color? Those colors have huge pop.
Old 09-29-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

2 tone it.

Hopefully it would turn out a bit better than this.
Old 09-29-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i like the satin black but you have to remember show cars like that lex and the skunk 2 civic pay upwards of 10,000 dollars for that flawless finish.
Old 09-29-2009
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeX
2 tone it.

Hopefully it would turn out a bit better than this.
haha, you could have found a better example of the two tone.
Old 09-30-2009
Registered!!

SuperMike is an unknown quantity at this point

nice...
Old 09-30-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
haha, you could have found a better example of the two tone.
ha, I'm at work and everytime I click on a Google Images result I get some proxy bullshit so I basically picked the only one that let me view it. I was looking for that sweet orange/black RSX that was posted on ClubRSX.com a few years ago. It was really well done.
Old 09-30-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by brandon21g
How about some sort of candy color? Those colors have huge pop.
I was looking into these oddly enough, great suggestion Thanks to everyone else as well that has been posting. Thanks for looking at my hackjob and leaving your comments

I started browsing over at House of Kolor and ran across this:

That's a color called Brandywine, which I love. I'm kicking around the idea of finishing the paint with a satin clear coat so I still have the matte look I was originally after, only with a little more flare. I want a nice 'pop' that still looks mean. I think this Ferrari is the perfect testament to that..

I believe that's the ticket fellas, what do you think? -- About the color, not the girl!
Old 09-30-2009
Registered!!

I just did another photo dump from my phone so I figured I'd post a couple of update pics. Did quite a bit of work to the front today, cleaning up around the headlight and also cut in the first body line. Only minor work done to the back, still haven't got the vents just right.. I'm actually doing some mod work to the side skirt so that it flows real nice with the widebody vents, will post those pics up in a few days probably.

Name:  CloseupFront.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  89.0 KB

Name:  BodyLines.jpg
Views: 3103
Size:  109.3 KB
Old 10-07-2009
Registered!!

03BlueCivic will become famous soon enough03BlueCivic will become famous soon enough

Good progress so far.
Old 10-14-2009
Registered!!

CoupedUp04 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think with an intricate body kit like that (with the scoops and angles), a bright candy like green or yellow would look best. But no matter what you decide I can't wait to see when it's finished.
Old 10-14-2009
Registered!!

BIG RICH will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by V84Lunch
the wheel/tire set up will stay as it is for now. I dumped a grand on those 17's and Neo Gens, so they are ridin for awhile. I agree with the deeper offset though, would definitley look meaner with the widebody.
As for the paint, I was originally stuck on a stealth look; matte black with gunmetal accents but my mind is continually changing lol. Since I've been working on this kit I've actually been kicking around an orange/burnt orange color with the gunmetal.. Any ideas or feedback?
you need 18x8 in the front and 18x9.5 rear....the wheels you have come like that. go check out www.xxrwheels.com ...they have several with that staggered combo.

the body work better be super ****ing perfect to use the hot rod black....i went with the lamborghini orange (arancio atlas) that you see on the lambo in that pic....i used it to make sure you didnt see alot of waves on the fiberglass interior. just an idea.
Old 10-15-2009
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Lookin good man. Keep up the work!
Old 12-28-2009
Registered!!

sk8nbmxr411 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any progress updates?