7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New here, 01 Civic Need Advice Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ownagepwnage is an unknown quantity at this point
New here, 01 Civic Need Advice Help Please

Hey I'm new here, I just turned 20 this is my first car, its a 01 Civic LX. Been driving for a year, I was going to upgrade into a 02 BMW M3 but due to insurance costs I decided to just fix my little civic up for the next 2 years because insurance drops a good chunk after 3years (correct me if I'm wrong). Well that's that about me. I have a few questions and hopefully you guys can help me out and give me some advice on upgrades and such.

Here's my civic, currently completely stock.

As you can see my hood/bumper is messed up, is this a easy fix or what do I need to do? I want to install a body kit but not sure if it needs to be fixed ahead of time or if the body kit will just fix it.

My plan:
First I'd like to get some stock Honda rims because hubcaps are just blah, my tires are really horrible so I was thinking getting some HFP wheels BUT I'm not sure if they'll fit my civic, these come from a 07 Honda Fit, same bolt pattern 4x100, I'm pretty sure they fit but I want to make sure if they'll fit.

Then, as I said before I'd like to install a body kit on this but nothing too ricer, something simple like a HFP body kit that keeps the stock look but "nice".

After I have the wheels/body kit I'd like to slap on some fresh paint, if I do end up getting these rims, do you think I should keep the same paint or change it up to what? So that the rims/paint match.

Thanks in advance for anyone that replies here, the help is gratefully appreciated, I plan on getting started as soon as I hear from you guys.
Old 09-07-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all
Re: New here, 01 Civic Need Advice Help Please

the hfp rims are beautiful. i love them and always have. they would look great on that car too since gunmetal rims offsets with a silver paint job beautifully. thats what i have on my car too. its satin silver with gunmetal rims. good choice. yes they will fit your car just fine. i didnt see you mention anything about changing your suspension, so i would recommend that you go with a 215/45/r17 tire if they are 17" rims, or about a 215/55/r16 if they are 16" rims. if you are not dropping your car, you need to keep an overall tire size that is the same as stock.

forget body kits, theyre garbage. if you want a clean look, you want a lip kit. the nicest lip kit out there is the oem honda lip kit. it costs a bit more but its way nicer. its the same one i have on my car.

and what about your bumper and hood being screwed up? did you crash into something or what? why is it like that in the first place?
Old 09-07-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

the fit rims you may need to ask around, theres two different sizes for 2007 and 2008 model of the same style rim. i think one has a different offset.
Old 09-08-2009
Registered!!

First, thank you, by body kit I meant something clean and simple like this:

With fog lights just like this I'm not sure if this is a body kit or the stock bumper with a lip kit? I want this exact front which I've seen many users here have but I don't know what it is.

As for the rims, they are 16" for a 07-08 Honda Fit, I think the offset is 55.
I'm looking at them on eBay, item #390090009088

The bumper.. I bought the car this way, good deal last year 3.5k w/ 81k miles, clean title but obviously it was hit with something.
Old 09-08-2009
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point

I think thats the kaminari lip your lookin at. but I'm not sure..
Old 09-08-2009
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

ownagepwnage: that is not a body kit, thats what you call a lip kit. a body kit gives you a new front bumper, new rear bumper, and two sideskirts. a lip kit keeps your stock front and rear bumpers, and you just put the lower lip on the front, back and sides. you can see in the little picture of my car there what i mean by a lip kit. another extremely important thing you might not be thinking of is that your car is silver, and not black. m3gach33zy is right, that is the kaminari lip kit. that kaminari lip kit will look way different on your car than it will in that picture. it doesnt look quite so bad on a black car, but it looks disgusting on a silver car in my opinion. and the back bumper is completely gross. look at what the rear looks like, and look at how the kit looks on silver compared to black. its all about what you like i understand, but id rather help you out before you get it and regret it if you didnt end up liking it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	kaminari.jpg
Views:	1106
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	77249   Click image for larger version

Name:	HONDA_CIVIC_01_05_2D_KAMINARI_REAR_UNDER_SPOILER300.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	77250  
Old 09-08-2009
Registered!!

There you go that's the one! Yeah I wouldn't put that back bumper, so.. pretty much to get my car looking like that front its the same stock bumper with the kaminari lip kit (comes with the fog lights?). I agree silver doesn't look so pretty.

I do want sideskirts but that's easy picking out. Rear bumper, I like the HFP one.

I'm not putting that EX spoiler, I'm getting the m3 style trunk lip with all this.

I'm going to paint the whole car so what colour would look nice on that front/this rear/hfp rims? Or nothing from what I selected lol.
Old 09-08-2009

I'm pretty sure that buying a lip kit wont get you fog lights. Something you have to install yourself. You should also do the 04-05 upgrade. I'm not a big fan of the 01-03 look.
Old 09-09-2009
Registered!!

Okay I decided on these two colors, red and gray.

I like this front which like m3gach33zy said I'm thinking its the 04-05 look as last picture is a 04 EX and the first two appear to be the same with the lip kit correct?

And here's a quick photoshop of how the rims I want would look with the red/sideskirt (minus the spoiler)

Good? Bad? What do you think, thanks.
Old 09-09-2009
Registered!!

Ckutch02EX is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm 28 with a clean driving record and a 4 year college degree. I have an 05 ex coupe and live in Pa. I pay 120 a month through Progressive, down from 160 a month with Erie and that is the absolute cheapest full coverage insurance I can find so don't expect your insurance to drop anytime soon. The insurance drop at 23 or 25 is a myth.
Old 09-09-2009

ownage: those are the 04-05 body styles. IMO they look lots better than the 01-03 but its up to you. I've been a fan of the kaminari lip for quite some time it's just that its kinda hard to find and somewhat expensive depending on where you can find it. If you search the for sale thread here some people sell it. I'm diggin those rims too. But for me I think that the rota gt3's look better on red.
Old 09-10-2009
Registered!!

i personally like the style of the front end on an 01-03 better than the 04-05, but its just preference.

and no, you do not get fog lights with any purchase of a lip kit. you buy those after and install them.

also, the front bumper of an 01-03 is different than an 04-05. if you buy a lip kit, make sure its an 01-03 lip kit.
Old 09-10-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

+1 on insurance. usually the cutoff age is much higher than 25.
Old 09-13-2009
Registered!!

bard4fun is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an '07 Mazda3 as well as my '02 Honda Civic LX and I will say that I love the look of my ground effects on my M3 but hat the way the real world treats it. To me a spotless clean car and great wheels and tires are the bomb!
My Honda is the same color as yours, does anyone know the honda name for it as I just bought mine and I'm not sure? I love the red one in this post I wish mine were red, as my M3 is and my '64 Stringray are both RED.
Old 09-13-2009
Premium Member

satin silver metallic
Old 09-13-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

it looks like there is something wrong with your left hood hinge try replacing it or use a washer to space it also the hood latch looks like it needs to be adjusted.

Last edited by lowlife9; 09-13-2009 at 06:11 PM.