7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HELP - ECU - transmission problem Civic 2002

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
goldorak is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation HELP - ECU - transmission problem Civic 2002

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and not that knowledgeable about cars. My wife's car, a honda civic 2002 model recently when starting up showed the yellow engine light on and the green key light blinking. It can start however it is making some transmission problems. for example it didnt drive when put on "D" as my wife said, she only can drive on "2" and "R", however when i tried it, it did drive on "D" but i felt it was not powerfull and i was afraid to test it more in order not to ruin anything due to the engine light on, moreover sometimes it gives a bump when put on "R". I took it to the first mecanique and he said it needs a new "Computer" and a new "Dynamo" (the one that charges the battery) as the dynamo was the cause of the "Computer" getting ruined. and since he asked for a good amount of money, i took it to the HONDA Service, and these people are more unhelpful then the normal shop mecanique. They said they need to put a new ECU in it before anything,as they cant go into the ECU, and after putting a new ECU they can know if the transmission has problems!!!!!!
And they asked about even more money. so i decided to take it out from the garage without fixing. The Honda garage said that the ECU in it was not the original for the car as i understood (i assume it might have been changed earlier before i bought the car , since i bought it second hand).

Does anyone know what i should do? Please HELP !!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2013
Registered!!

mildotphil is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: HELP - ECU - transmission problem Civic 2002

Bumpity bump on a really old thread. Having the same issue right now.
Old 06-04-2013
Registered!!

palsana is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: HELP - ECU - transmission problem Civic 2002

I have been thru 3 rebuilt transmissions and i can tell you the repairs r not worth it on 7th Gen Civic.
I still have check engine light on, i did re-build the transmission , the CEL shows misfirings but no codes on transmission & after driving 10k mi i still have issues with transmissions namely when starting from a signal light & giving gas the car just doesn't go beyond 40m/hr all the way until its in 4th or 5th gear!!!!
Unbelievable!!!
so fed up with 7th Gen tranny!!!! . its a core problem with 7th gen tranny.