7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Ingalls stiffy shakes the car bad with AC on any ideas??

Old 06-30-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
batman900 will become famous soon enough
Ingalls stiffy shakes the car bad with AC on any ideas??

So I have played with the tightening setting a lot and at this point I almost wanna take the darn thing off. When I have it set at very tight my car takes off just fine no jumping & shaking of the engine, same goes for when its set to the softest setting. However on both of those with the AC on I get really violent steering wheel vibrations and sometimes it even rattles my cds in their holder. I have tried to find some middle ground with the setting and that fixes the bad vibrations but then I have the worse problem of the engine jumping and shaking upon take off in 1st gear.

Has anyone installed one of these and found a good setting for it? what number of threads show if you have? I also have my strut bar sitting almost against my SRI "because of lack of space" and it makes them vibrate together to.

Ty
Old 06-30-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: Ingalls stiffy shakes the car bad with AC on any ideas??

I dont have a front strut bar on and I dont have any problems with the stiffy when running the AC. Getting the car moving from a standstill gives some viberations of course, but its nothing super crazy.
Old 06-30-2009
Registered!!

How many threads do you have showing? also why no strut bar? Ive been thinking about taking mine off I just hate feeling like I wasted the money.
Old 06-30-2009
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

i also removed my obx racing strut bar as well because it was sitting above my intake and pressed against it. since it stays stationary, and the engine moves on torque, the intake would rub back and forth against it, and when i finally took it off, i had a huge and very deep grind mark on the top of my intake. its almost grinded right through the top of it.

i understand that it kind of sucks to get one and not really end up using it. but its a way wiser bet when you compare that to buying it, using it, replacing your intake several times when it wears them out over and over.
Old 06-30-2009
Registered!!

I used the fuzzy side of some velcro strips to put inbetween them and it works to keep them from rubbing eachother down like that but with the torque dampener shaking my car I can still feel them when they bump against eachother.

Off topic but did anyone notice a dif when they put a strut bar in? I feel like my car is more rigid but like it doesnt corner as well in wet weather ect. May just be me tho.
Old 06-30-2009
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

geez i hated that stiffy! and yes i ran it without a strut bar for safety reasons (so the nut threads on properly). it vibrated the whole car all the time even when cruising. total junk of a mod i took off in a couple weeks. yeah the benefits were nice, but i got tired of feeling like i had a 20 yr old car that was rattling and vibrating all the time. and i missed my strut bar cause there was so much play in the steering response. i have the front ES motor mount insert and i still get good results with only 1/4 of the vibration that the stiffy had. i almost cant even tell its there sometimes.
Old 06-30-2009
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

I've got poly mounts, a torque damper, and the vibration dampers removed from my subframe. The A/C only made it shake a slight bit before I put my strut bar back on. I welded up a mount to be able to use my strut bar and TD at the same time and now it rattles like crazy with the A/C on. Try taking yours off and see if you notice any difference. But it's always going to be a compromise between vibration and stiffness, it's just the way the physics work out.
Old 07-01-2009
Registered!!

Darn what a waste, I dont know if I have the tools to take it back off because im in college now and not at my parents house with the garage.

I think ima just try and get this thing off tho because it made stop and go traffic in dallas TX the other day a nightmare, my girlfriend was in the car and it was embarising my car felt like a pos!!
Old 07-01-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

haha yeah it got to the point where even i could not handle it anymore cause i didnt like driving in it with all the noise and shakes. take it off, at least you can just take the damper off which requires simple tools, then leave the two metal mounts in place (in the small chance that you wanna reinstall it later). but leaving the brackets wont hurt anything.
Old 07-01-2009
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

I have the Damper in there for like 1.5 years already, and I have grown accustomed to it. Also, I also have the front engine mount inserts in and it doenst vibrate that much.
Old 07-01-2009
Registered!!

Good to know gear, it will be my project for tommarow morning then, after I get my school refund im just goana get the front ES incerts if they arent to bad like you say.
Old 07-01-2009
Premium Member

just install the front mount inserts and not the rear. so it will come with 4 inserts and only use the front two. that mount is the easiest to take apart and usually the only one to break. im sure yours is broken. but the mounts will fix it back up and will be much less vibration than stiffy. after a while the vibration will go away even more as you break it in.
Old 07-02-2009
Registered!!

Just an update, I busted my knuckles like 3 times today but I finally got the thing off and wow my car feels so great now!!! I didnt even remember how smooth it could shift and what it was like without all the vibrations. I can also order and safely install a neuspeed strut bar and get rid of this junky one I have now.
Thanks guys, looks like the answer was tosing this curse off my car all together. Just wish I hadnt wasted the 150$ on it.

btw if anyone wants it ill sell it for 50 bucks plus shipping. Its a bit scratched up on the flat sides and I think I lost a washer when I took it off but other than that its all there and works fine. been used for about a yr & half now, car is just a DD no hard use.

Last edited by batman900; 07-02-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-02-2009
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

^ good deal, btw- neuspeed only seels the black bar now. I've looked high and low all around the net for the polished one. A few sites have it still listed, but dont realize that its been discontinued. Nobody has any in backstock.
Old 07-03-2009
Premium Member

black ftw! blends into the engine bay like its not there (the yellow sticker can come off too). you will love the neuspeed bar.