7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Thoughts...Ideas...New Center Console (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trubluciv will become famous soon enough
Thoughts...Ideas...New Center Console (pics)

Ok...here is the deal....i have had this new headunit in for about 10 months and i set it up this way just for a temporary fix..i havent gotten around to changing it up yet....now...i have some time and i want too... but i am running out of ideas on what i should do...

i have a usb plug that runs from the back of the hu to right above the cup holders....this is where my ipod is hooked up...then i rest the ipod in one of the cupholders (i can only have one drink now....)

i want to change up the way i have it set up now....some ideas i had was running the usb plug to the change drawer or up by my the shifter....i dont know....before you give me any ideas here are some pics of the current setup

they are a little grainy...the phone is all i have right now....

here is the current setup
Click image for larger version

Name:	SSPX0060.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	76783

a close up of the cup holders with the usb plug

Name:	SSPX0061.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	76784

and the back side of the plug

Name:	SSPX0062.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	76785

....here are some of the things i def what.....

1) i want the cord to be able to be pulled out so that the passenger can DJ if they want or i can....that way i dont have to keep leaning foward to change a song or something....

2) the white ipod cord needs to be able to detact from the usb cord so that i can hook up a flash drive into it as welll....becuase the hu can play jams off of a usb anything...

3) an ability to hide my ipod when i park...so i dont have to keep bringing it with me whereever i go...just so no one steals it....

4) a very clean look....

this being said....i am open for all ideas on what i should do....

....moving the hu is also an option...but i would like some feed back....

thanks everyone...
Old 06-29-2009
Registered!!

ozzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Thoughts...Ideas...New Center Console (pics)

Thought about running the usb hub to the center console storage compartment? It would keep the Ipod well hidden when necessary and accessible to those in the front or back seats
Old 06-29-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i just ran my cable into my glove box no drilling or moding necessary . its out of the way no one can see it i have easy access to it as do my passengers and it also stays cool . and i have 2 cup holders .

Last edited by lowlife9; 06-29-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-30-2009
Registered!!

abunaiunko is an unknown quantity at this point

^x2...pretty cool set up tho
Old 06-30-2009
Registered!!

trubluciv will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ozzy
Thought about running the usb hub to the center console storage compartment? It would keep the Ipod well hidden when necessary and accessible to those in the front or back seats
i was thinking about doing something like that....but then where do i put all the **** that is already in there.....

....like my phone charger......which is pretty bulky.....
Old 06-30-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

i have my usb cord for my ipod running down from the back of the head unit, and coming out of the side of the console i guess you could call it. kind of where my gas leg is. i have enough slack coming out that i can plug the ipod in and it keeps it raised off the floor and kind of laying flat against the side part of the carpet. its good and its hidden, and its right where my shifting hand pretty much is so thats nice.

i also have the cord kind of bundled in there so when someone in the passenger seat wants to play with the ipod, they can just pull on the cord and it comes out. when theyre done i just push the cord back up and inside there.

hope it helps.